• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question about butt wobble/noise

Hinc

Copper BB
I'm really enjoying the gun thus far. I seem to have been spared the magazine wobble issue. My magazine has a bit of a wobble but for the most part, its in there tight. My problem is the retractable butt. It makes such a racket when you walk around with it and handle it. It wobbles and because of the type of plastic it is, that's all you hear.

Are there any good after market tactical stocks that remove that problem?

Thanks

Hinc said:
I'm really enjoying the gun thus far. I seem to have been spared the magazine wobble issue. My magazine has a bit of a wobble but for the most part, its in there tight. My problem is the retractable butt. It makes such a racket when you walk around with it and handle it. It wobbles and because of the type of plastic it is, that's all you hear.

Are there any good after market tactical stocks that remove that problem?

Thanks

Interesting title for this post. ;) :lol:

I was just thinkin that too. My butt doesn't wobble much, but it makes plenty of noise. :lol:

As for the stock, I've seen where some folks have put a strip of electrical tape over the tube to close up the extra room in there and stop the wobble...

Interesting title for this post. ;) :lol:[/quote]

,,,,i had an old girlfriend that had a butt wobble. :lol:

Yes.

The tube should be commercial spec, so most any commercial spec'd AR-style stock should fit...

Since it's just going on a 22, look for the Magpul PTS MOE buttstocks on ebay and amazon. They're about half the cost of the USA made moe stocks and should hold up OK on the rimfire.

Need to find one that fits a commercial stock instead of the mil spec buffer tube version though. The commercial tube is slightly larger diameter and the milspec stocks fit way tight on them.

Omg you guy are funny as hell!! LOL!
Nutin wrong with a slighlty wobbly butt.. ;) ....o yeeeeaa.

But thankfully my 715 hasnt had that issue..

tumblr_mkai1vI8T31rve96qo1_500.gif

let it wobble and wiggle a little...
but yeah, keep the noise down.

Back