• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Red lens cap for a TLR-1 or a TLR-1s

Tony617!

.270 WIN
I bought two Streamlight TLR red lens caps for my 590A1 and a Maverick 88.

Here is a picture of the red lens on my 590A1:

6uqydy3a.jpg

That's interesting. Does Streamlight sell it specifically for their light?

I have a red flip cap for a Surefire G2.

I have used it coyote hunting.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't care a lot for it.

While it does reflect in their eyes, causing them to glow to give you a reference of where to shoot, to me, the red lens reduces the light output so much that you can't tell if it's a coyote or a yeti. :lol:

nitesite said:
That's interesting. Does Streamlight sell it specifically for their light?

Yes, they sell them for their lights. Other brands like Surefire also sell red lens flashlights as well.

Well it is a lens cover so it can be easily be removed if necessary. I'm using my shotguns for HD and the distances indoors are not that far. I just don't want to lose my night vision.

Tony617! said:
Well it is a lens cover so it can be easily be removed if necessary. I'm using my shotguns for HD and the distances indoors are not that far. I just don't want to lose my night vision.

I think for HD I'd just rather carry a second light with a red lens. I still want the option of spotlighting the bad guy, making him lose his night vision, and see some stars. If you're using your mounted light properly (very short duration flashes) you won't sacrifice too much night vision anyway.

All that being said, the red lens cap would be a handy thing to have sometimes. I wish they made them for the ProTac and Stylus Pro series.

-Brad

Back