• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rossi Circuit Judge

ok , your talking crazy. Everyone in the house can shoot a Mini 14 and like it, your going to have a hard time shooting 3 gun with that Rossi

oli700 said:
ok , your talking crazy.

:lol: Yeah, I am... :D Still like it though... perhaps irrationally!

Youre right about the mini, its on my short list too! $640 at WalMart for the ranch hand with detachable box magazine!

Rossignol said:
Man, for some reason I'm in love with this gun! I really like pistol caliber carbines even if theyre less than efficient... or like Oli said, it will likely never do either of its jobs well, but perform both, "ok".

I think something that draws me to this one is the ease of operation that anyone here can handle. Its a pretty basic mechanical action. A breech load would be easier, but has no capacity...

Word of warning. I have been told that the double action pull on these is a hefty 14 pounds. Of course on single action which this one has the capability of doing just like the pistol it is 3 pounds. I pulled the trigger on one of these circuit judges in double action and it is every bit as heavy as the pull on the revolver which I hate. I wish they had s&w triggers. S&w triggers to me have always felt smooth, crisp, and alot lighter than they really are.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Yeah, I had considered the trigger pull in DA...

Still in love with the look and feel! ;) All you haters... :lol:

I just have a longer list now!

I need, NEED! a 930, M1A, Mini 14, FN P45, another 1911 mil-spec or GI, and now this! :D

Rossignol said:
All you haters... :lol:

I don’t hate any gun....well other than the Hi Point 9mm carbine and pistol that my FIL bought, I hate those guns …I hate them a lot.

Man, on those HiPoints, some people really like em, and others really dont. I'll admit, I entertained owning one for a short time...

I know youre not hatin', playa!!! ;)

Rossignol said:
Man, on those HiPoints, some people really like em, and others really dont. I'll admit, I entertained owning one for a short time...

I know youre not hatin', playa!!! ;)

To me they feel like they are made of pot metal lije the old rohm 10 revolvers

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

I have decided against the Circuit Judge for now.

I really like pistol caliber carbines, but I'm goin to go with something that makes more sense.

Given the cost, I can get an AR or Ruger Mini 14 for little more, between 100 to 200 dollars. (I have found DPMS ARs locally for $649)

Capacity is another issue. The Rossi CJ holds 5 rounds. Fun I think, but when you can carry 20 or 30...

Ammunition; For the CJ, it wont be inexpensive by any means, but .223/5.56 can be found in bulk at excellent prices!

My mind is made up, dont try and talk me out of it! :lol:

Back