• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shaving horse

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
No, this is not a four legged animal that trims your beard. It's a type of bench that allows you to shape wood using a draw knife.

Knowing how to make useful items from wood is an ancient skill that is something every self respecting man should know.

Simple to build and very useful for building furniture, beds, chairs, etc. , for that cabin in the woods.

http://www.greenwoodworking.com/ShavingHorsePlans

GunnyGene said:
Simple to build and very useful for building furniture, beds, chairs, etc. , for that cabin in the woods.

You had me at hello

:lol:

Thanks for the link to the plans. :cool:

^^ If you don't have pasture for a full size Shaving Horse, you can also build a Shaving Pony. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD0rwN3_VUg[/youtube]

Also works good for making self bows (i.e. archery).

MikeD said:

I'm gonna have to try that one of these days. Never made one, but I have a variety of woods to choose from, except yew or osage. Got hickory, oak, maple and a few others that might work.

GunnyGene said:
MikeD said:

I'm gonna have to try that one of these days. Never made one, but I have a variety of woods to choose from, except yew or osage. Got hickory, oak, maple and a few others that might work.

I've never actually made one myself, but it's been on my to do list for quite a while.

MikeD said:
GunnyGene said:
MikeD said:

I've never actually made one myself, but it's been on my to do list for quite a while.

Sounds like we both have round toit syndrome. ;) :lol: I do know a guy up in Seattle that's a bowyer, so if I can find my round toit I'll probably be hitting him up for advice.

Back