• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SHTF School

catnphx

.270 WIN
This person (Selco) gives some very interesting real-world advice on SHTF experiences. It's good reading and might change some of your perspectives on survival. Give it a read .... but be warned, once you start you'll end up reading the entire blog.

http://shtfschool.com/

I'm Selco and have been through this SHTF school I never wanted to attend during the Balkan wars 1992 - 1995. I write about this here.

Its cool dude, I like it and youre right, I'll read some more!

Make sure you read the comment section of each blog entry too. Lots of good comments plus some Q&A with Selco.

He focuses on the basics because the basics where his real survival need: food, ammo, shelter, fire (matches) and preservation of wood (quick cooking), stay hidden/invisible, be careful of the night, bad guys become leaders, etc...

Also, be careful of who you tell about your "prep" activitives (before SHTF) because they will target you first when S does HTF. Look for clues when talking to people that they might also be prep kind of people and see if they what to join forces BEFORE SHTF. Never expose your full prepping secrets (i.e. how much food you have) because they'll target you OR want to join forces to get close to you only to kill you for your resources. Definitely believes that going it alone is not the right move and believes you should team-up with other families.

Anyway, lots of good learnings for us all.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Well done. Page bookmarked! Reading it on my commando as we speak...

Back