• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tale of Two Patriots

8uck5nort

Copper BB
Hello,

Just wanted to share since I took the plunge and bought two of the walnut stocked with open sights!, 30-06 rifles.

I had been looking at several rifles in this price point for a while. The walnut and open sights tipped it in the Patriots favor.

I purchased them back in February. I have to say they have not disappointed me whatsoever. One of the stocks was a plain jane walnut, but the other was pretty nicely figured with faint tiger strips. Bonus!

I have put about 300 rounds down one of the rifles. The other one I sent off to JES Rebore and made it into a 35 Whelen right after doing a short shoot off to see which one turned in the best groups. The one that lost turned into the whelen.

So far I have had no mechanical issues and accuracy with several different commercial and handloads has been sub moa with the 30-06. I have not had a chance to shoot the 35 whelen one yet but expect about the same.

Here are some 5 shot groups with best of 3 at 100 yrds off of bags from the 30-06. Factory ammo in this session. Disclaimer, I am no crack shot even in my wildest dreams, so the fliers are most likely my fault not the rifles.

20160313_180409.jpg 20160313_180524.jpg 20160313_180427.jpg

Great pix, Buck. Thanx for sharing those.
Interesting that just this Monday I bought a caliper exactly like that for my shop. Thinking of giving them as gifts.

Good result. I hope my 338WM performs as well. Only three shots away so far zeroing it and I ran out of light and it has been raining heavily ever since. Wednesday is looking good.

Back