• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trigger Safety Blade Binding Up

Just got a MC2C and noticed the trigger safety blade binds up on occasion. Anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you fix this problem?

What do you mean "binds up"? Is it tight actuating or doesn't allow trigger to pull sometimes? If it is anything like a Glock-ish, the blade can be smoothed at the point where it contacts the inside of the trigger guard (ie: "safe" position). If it appears like it is binding there, use a strip of very very fine sandpaper (1000grit?) and only take off a little at a time. Alternately, it may "break-in" with use and/or actuation.

What I mean by "binds up"...when the safety blade is depressed, sometimes it fetches up so bad the trigger can't even be pulled back to fire. Most times though it'll catch so the trigger will snap when the shoe is depressed and fired. I know it's fetching up somewhere. Would the entire trigger assembly have to be removed in order to file/smooth out the area on the safety blade where it contacts the frame? or can it be done without taking it from the frame? Has anyone else run into this problem?

What I mean by "binds up"...when the safety blade is depressed, sometimes it fetches up so bad the trigger can't even be pulled back to fire.
Give me a day or two and I'll take a picture of what I mean above... WTH does "fetches up" mean? :rolleyes: ;) I can't remember if MC2C is like a Glockish

I fixed the problem. The safety blade was getting hung up slightly on the polymer frame, making the trigger snap somewhat when depressed. After removing the trigger and components, I took a fine file and filed a little of the polymer where the safety shoe contacts the blade. I also filed the safety blade where it contacted the frame. After getting it all back together, (which was a bitch of a job reinstalling the trigger pin), the trigger now works fine. There must have been a small burr? on one of those components I listed.

There must have been a small burr? on one of those components I listed.
This is what I was suspecting and I've seen it many times. Probably the cheapest "trigger job" you'll ever do! :D

While you have the sandpaper and files out you may want to smooth the hot spots on the frame that you can "feel". Feel with both right and left hands. I'll spend 5 minutes with a piece of sandpaper rolled into a tube and/or a jeweler's file on my poly pistols and it makes a world of difference and is usually not visble at all. On Glockish (for example), I'll gently file the corners of the mag release down because they tend to feel quite sharp especially in the left hand. If the sanded area looks too "light" for you, you can always take a couple waves near it with a heat gun will darken it right back up.

Last edited:
Found a video of a guy who does an excellent overall review of the MC2c pistol who had the same trigger safety blade shoe problem I had. He also installed Mcarbo’s spring kit which I also did. His ending quote....”in my opinion, this is THE BEST 9mm pistol out there.” I agree with him. Thought I’d share.

Last edited:
Back