• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wife finally got home

nasa

.270 WIN
"The AR-15/M-16 A Practical Guide" and "Automatics, Fast Firepower, Tactical Superiority" both by Duncan Long. She went to visit grandchildren in Springfield, Mo. and spent some time in Arkansas. Somewhere she ran across a yard sale. Does this mean she might be tired of me jacking around with pumps and single shots?

She got home Wednesday both tired, Thursday a couple drop by and don't leave till Sunday Morning and in the mean time the town had their annual "Relay for Life" where my wife and her friends had a fund raising booth. When she was leaving she bought 6 raffle tickets for $5 for this gas grill. Just as everyone was dressed for bed, the phone rings and she has won the gas grill and guess who gets to put it together and she tells me to retire the Brinkman. Kinda hard to slow cook on a gas grill. 50 thousand BTU with a 32 burger capacity that folds down to load up in the truck for a tailgate party deluxe. Convinced her it wasn't time to get rid of the Pit but none the less, ended up grilling a crap load of steaks for our friends plus some more that dropped by.

She kept on at me to get it fired up so it could heat up. I don't think she understands the grilling concept. When the fire is lit, it's hot with the 4 big ass burners and it's got no cover except for closing it up and putting it away.

I'm still dreaming of getting a dual zone, wood or charcoal on one side and gas on the other.

Duncan is always a good read...no matter what the subject !

have you even had a chance to crack the books yet?

I have my gas grill plumbed into my natural gas line. you'll probably need to rejet the grill, but if its running too hot now. you may get away without a rejetting.

They are both interesting but between work and rebuilding a couple of computers cleaning the "Office", working in the yard, frankly there is just not enough time in the day or enough days in the week.

Just built an i7, 32 gig ram, Frozr II 2 meg video, 1TB of storage with a 120 GB solid state boot drive, SATA 2, USB 3 with tons of I/O running Windows 7 pro 64 bit, card reader, fire wire, fiber link, Giga-net and Light Scribe DVD running dual displays. Processor and ram is the slowest thing on this beast.

Second computer is an i5 with 16 GB ram 250 GB drive with another Radon video from MSI and again tons of I/O running on Ubuntu. Updating to 11.04 as I type this.

The computers are mostly for audio, photo and video editing. I have a ton of tapes, sticks and disc to go through.

Between church and dinner with my sister still need to find time to mow and burn trash. May shoot a few rounds while waiting for the trash to burn. Just not enough time to do everything I want to do.

nasa said:
Just built an i7, 32 gig ram, Frozr II 2 meg video, 1TB of storage with a 120 GB solid state boot drive, SATA 2, USB 3 with tons of I/O running Windows 7 pro 64 bit, card reader, fire wire, fiber link, Giga-net and Light Scribe DVD running dual displays.

Uhh, what? :eek: :shock: :eek:

tcecil88 said:
nasa said:
Just built an i7, 32 gig ram, Frozr II 2 meg video, 1TB of storage with a 120 GB solid state boot drive, SATA 2, USB 3 with tons of I/O running Windows 7 pro 64 bit, card reader, fire wire, fiber link, Giga-net and Light Scribe DVD running dual displays.

Uhh, what? :eek: :shock: :eek:
:roll: just nod and droool...

My youngest built his first box. he's running a sempron with 8 gig of ram. nothing real special.

sounds like you need to take a break from work and do something useful.

Back