• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

HELLO FROM THE APPALACHIAN MTNS. OF VA.

RAMBO

IM 79 YRS OLD,EXCELLENT CONDITION. GREW UP WITH A 12 GAGUE DOUBLE BARREL,HUNTED SMALL GAME ONLY,IT WAS A WAY OF LIFE THEN. I HAVE NOT HUNTED IN THE LAST 45 YRS. BUT STILL RIVER FISH,FOR SMALL MOUTH BASS. I HAVE HAD A JOB SENSE I WAS 14 YRS OLD. I RETIRED 7 YRS AGO
SOLD ROAD BUILDING, MINNING AND CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT FOR 35 YEARS, SUCH AS EUCLID,
JOY, VOLVO, KOMATSU AND ECT.
THE MOSSBERG 930 SPX BLACKWATER IS THE ONLY SHOTGUN I OWN. I DO OWN OTHER GUNS
JUST FOR SELF DEFENSE,IM TO OLD TO FIGHT, AND TO SLOW TO RUN,SO THAT JUST LEAVES ME ONE OPTION. IM GLAD TO BE HERE,IM SURE I CAN LEARN A LOT FROM YOU GUYS.

THANKS
RAMBO

welcome Rambo.

Lots of Euc's and Cat's and Komatsu and such on the KY side of the ky/va border.

Welcome from MI!!

Welcome to the forum from Florida.:) Glad you found us.

Sir, welcome from Pennsylvania and glad to have you aboard! I'm sure we can learn plenty from you too.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 930 SPX BW. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

FELLOWS,THANKS FOR ALL YE REPLIES UN WELCOMES.

MY EDUCATION MAY TURN OUT TO BE A NEGATIVE ON HERE. YE SEE MY DADDY TOOK ME OUTA SCHOOL WHEN IZ IN THU 7TH.

GRADE,TO HELP HIM TEND 17 ACRES,UN WE DID GOOD. NOT EDUCATED UT TALL,BUT I CAN TELL YE HOW MANY GALLONS OF MOLASSES

YA CAN GET OFF ONE ACRE SUGAR CANE, UN HOW MANY GALLONS CORN YE CAN GET OFF UH ACRE OF GOOD CORN,BOUT 98 PROFF.

98 proof shine is a touch weak from what I'm used to.

I like getting one of the first couple of jars out of the worm because it tends to be a little warmer.

98 proof shine is a touch weak from what I'm used to.

I like getting one of the first couple of jars out of the worm because it tends to be a little warmer.

JOHN A. HAVE RUN SOME 102,103, BUT MOST FOLKS PREFERED 95 TO 98 MORE SO. LOL LOL

JOHN A. LOOKS LIKE YA FROM KY. I DO UNDERSTAND YOU. IM ONLY BOUT 14 MILES
FROM JENKINS,KY. UN 45 MI FROM TRI CITY,TEN. AREA

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 930 SPX BW. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

WELL SNIPER, I DO HAVE UH QUESTION, WHAT DIFFERANCE IF ANY BETWEEN THU MOSSBERG, 930, 930 SPX AND THU 930 SPX BLACKWATER VERISON ?? I KNOW THU SIGHTS CHANGED SOME,BUT ANYTHING ELSE, ANYBODY ??

I worked in Jenkins and Pound VA for a long time when I was a lineman. Lots of good people in that area. Especially up South Fork on the backroad around the base of Pine Mountain.

WELL SNIPER, I DO HAVE UH QUESTION, WHAT DIFFERANCE IF ANY BETWEEN THU MOSSBERG, 930, 930 SPX AND THU 930 SPX BLACKWATER VERISON ?? I KNOW THU SIGHTS CHANGED SOME,BUT ANYTHING ELSE, ANYBODY ??

The actions and operation are all the same between the three models you listed. The SPX is a shorter 18" barreled "tactical" shotgun with a 7+1 shell capacity designed with law enforcement in mind. The Blackwater edition is an SPX with a few different bells and whistles, Blackwater logo, slightly different sights, stock, etc. It's the same shotgun in a different dress. These models have been better in recent history, but have been plagued with function and quality control issues from the start.

The basic 930 is set up for field use. These have longer field barrels, basic bead sights, a 4+1 shell capacity, and have a reputation for being far more reliable than the tactical models. There is a 930 Field/Security Combo out there that in my opinion offers the most bang for the buck...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/76743/Mossberg 930C 12 18CB28VR ACCM SYN

This model comes with a 28" vent rib barrel with their Accu-set chokes as well as an 18" security barrel for home defense. It's a great deal for all that comes in the package and covers the span of what one might need a shotgun for...

The actions and operation are all the same between the three models you listed. The SPX is a shorter 18" barreled "tactical" shotgun with a 7+1 shell capacity designed with law enforcement in mind. The Blackwater edition is an SPX with a few different bells and whistles, Blackwater logo, slightly different sights, stock, etc. It's the same shotgun in a different dress. These models have been better in recent history, but have been plagued with function and quality control issues from the start.

The basic 930 is set up for field use. These have longer field barrels, basic bead sights, a 4+1 shell capacity, and have a reputation for being far more reliable than the tactical models. There is a 930 Field/Security Combo out there that in my opinion offers the most bang for the buck...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/76743/Mossberg 930C 12 18CB28VR ACCM SYN

This model comes with a 28" vent rib barrel with their Accu-set chokes as well as an 18" security barrel for home defense. It's a great deal for all that comes in the package and covers the span of what one might need a shotgun for...

LAZY EYED SNIPER, AND NOW I KNOW, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
RAMBO

Back