• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

@nitesite This will be my carry gun, I needed the magazine anyway as I had only the one old style factory mag. I remember that Checkmate magazine you loaned me long ago to try out so I began my search there. I looked at several others including Chip McCormick and Wilson Combat. Then I found this one which is nearly half the price of the others, ($20 compared to around $37) so I'm ok with it.

I'll add this info to the magazine thread as well come the weekend.

I bought my first 1911 today.
American Tactical, in .45acp of course, but its a cheap one.
20160708_125241.jpg

Considering that you cannot import a brand new 1911 into California today, I was lucky to buy one at all, and though it was registered before it does not appear to have ever been shot. The guy that purchased this gun failed his background because of a fake ID. Six months later he never returned to pick up his gun or refund, so I assume he's on the lamb or in jail.

I got it for the cost of storage fees plus the paperwork. :laugh:

I've heard some things about variable quality control with this gun but on First Impressions it seems every bit as tight and precise as the Springfield XDS 9.

It won't be mine for 30 days of course. Stupid lawyers.

It's silly, once you own 10 registered guns, to have that "cooling off" type waiting period.

If I was a hot head, I could use any one of mine without waiting for a new one!

This Idiocy serves absolutely no purpose, and it's just another example of how lawyers running the country don't understand ordinary day-to-day life.

Last edited:
Nice, congrats Cadd!

You're gonna love it once you get to bring it home. Looking forward to your initial impressions and a range report...

Nice looking cept for them grips....If only you knew someone who makes em....

:read:

upload_2016-7-10_20-21-18.jpeg Original Double Diamond or custom-made?

images

Last edited by a moderator:
No I want you to do the grip for a different gun. Elite custom. Probably never done before.

Is that the name of it? I cant find anything other a gunsmith, a coating company and custom lego figures. ;)

I was mistaken about the waiting period. It's only 10 days unless you've bought another pistol recently, and then it's 30 days minimum between purchases.

The TRP Operator is a superb production gun. I would be extremely proud to own one. Perhaps some day.

Congrats 95jza80tt

That is really nice. My MO is to buy less expensive guns and buy lots of ammo for them.

And shoot it. ;)

That is really nice. My MO is to buy less expensive guns and buy lots of ammo for them.

And shoot it. ;)
LOL, this was my first firearm acquisition and I'm learning that your MO seems to be the right one. I have a good amount of ammo waiting for me when I finally get the time to practice with her. I opted for the more expensive gun with all the bells and whistles so I would be less tempted to start upgrading parts on it. That, and I didn't foresee myself buying very many guns moving forward.

The way the laws are going here, you won't be.
Very little is still on the roster, if you want a new gun.
What is still legal is pretty much sold out or limited quantities.

Back