• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Game on... signed up for a 12 mile obstacle course run

5 mile run today. Felt like I had to pee around mile 3. Powered through and went home after the run.

Went to the bathroom and peed blood.

In the hospital now. Probably a kidney stone. Had one 15 years ago same type of thing happened.

Fun fun.

Damn, WM. I feel for you . I had 2 hospitalizations in '84 & '94 for stones. Hope you get out ìn good shape.

Thanks guys. In no pain.

No more blood coming out except the vampire nurses coming in to take it.

Waiting on a cat scan.

Must be a full moon or something. Junkie begging for a fix in the room next to me and a woman came in having an anxiety attack just outside my door.

All I'm missing is popcorn.

Small kidney stones per the cat scan.

Dehydration in the blood sample.

Drink water.

5 hours later and a $200 copay.

damn, you cant seem to win sometimes......

Eeh. No pain. I'm scheduled to run 5 miles Monday. I'm gonna keep hydrated until then and see what happens. Think I passed whatever dislodged. But still have some small ones in there.

Getting old sucks.

Ran Monday and today both 5 miles each. No issues so far.

Today was the hottest day of the year...88*F and fairly humid. Today was a tough run for me with the humidity. I've been running since February and have been running in 48-70 degrees. High 80s changed the game for me a bit.

Adapt and overcome.

Running 5 miles on Saturday and Sunday I have a pistol competition. Gonna be a good weekend.

Damn, glad you're feeling better WM. I swore I'd never do it, but I've added some light running to my routine to help my cardio on the bike. And yes, getting old sucks, but it's better than the alternative.

Race is 3 weeks away. Had to take the last 3 weeks off of running. Had to listen to my body as my calves were getting really tight at the end of my runs. So I've been stretching and doing some light calf exercises and hitting the recumbent bike at the gym to keep my legs active. It's a sign my calves were being strained.

Looking to hit the road again next week. It really screws up my goal of 8+ mile runs before the event but I have to make sure I don't injure myself training too. I'll have to live with a max of 6.5 miles but hearing about the event I'll be running a half mile - mile then do an obstacle... repeat for 12 miles. There's a fair amount of waiting at the obstacles so I should be recovered after each stopping point.

My goal is to finish and in good health. I believe I'm still on the path to do so.

I went as low as 154lbs but I'm sitting around 156lbs since the rest period. When I get back to being active I should be low 150s by the time of the race.

Race is this Saturday starts at 830am.

Took a total of 4 weeks off of training to heal an over worked calf muscle and to move into a new apartment. Ran 2 5k runs last week without issue and I have been on a recumbent bike this week to keep my legs warmed up biking for 45 minutes low/moderate settings. Feeling good and sitting at around 155 pounds.

Be careful of the tendons buddy!
I've been on R&R for weeks now because I strained a tendon with heavy weights.

I've gained 10 lbs too :mad:

I need to get some more alternate exercise. I do some, but it's not enough.

Last edited:
The course was altered and was 10 miles.

I did all 10 miles and all obstacles but 2. I'm not a fan of heights so the 20 foot jump and 20 foot dive was not gonna happen.

I'm a little banged up. The electric shock kicked my ass.

Cramped up near the end but I powered through it.

97 degrees today. But plenty of water stations.

Fun time. Just licking my wounds now.

The course was altered and was 10 miles.

I did all 10 miles and all obstacles but 2. I'm not a fan of heights so the 20 foot jump and 20 foot dive was not gonna happen.

I'm a little banged up. The electric shock kicked my ass.

Cramped up near the end but I powered through it.

97 degrees today. But plenty of water stations.

Fun time. Just licking my wounds now.
Awesome! Glad you survived and had fun.

Electric shock?
:omg:

What? They don't think you have enough motivation that they gotta hit you with a cattle prod too?

Well I got out for a hot 5 Miler on the skateboard Friday, and then yesterday and today spent many hours moving pavers and lumber; and I shot a 5-pound box of screws into my fence.

We're doing massive work on the backyard, patio, and dog kennel.

But I still managed to get out to the range for 5 hours today, and without electric shock therapy!

Back