• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.
Djcala
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• And, does the cylinder pin need to be lubed before firing, or only for storage. If so what do you use ? Thanks.
    Djcala
    Djcala
    I buy wads in bulk by ox yoke from Dixie gun works. Worth every penny. Also the dixie quicknload tubes are cats pajamas
    Djcala
    Djcala
    Ps ive never fired caps before loading, I dont lube till gun is dry so my guns are dry. I DO push a nipple pick thru each hole prior to loading though. And I do use anti-sieze on nipple threads saves headache down the road.
    Djcala
    Djcala
    Also note these guns are truly individuals and there are slightly larger and or smaller balls available at black powder shops like DGW to accommodate this. Make sure ya have a good fitting ball to chamber no movemnet of balls in unfired chambers. Shoot and check the unfired a couple times till ya comfortable they sit tight
    I cleaned the factory lube out, put some light oil om everything. It seems before I shoot I should wash the cylinder in soapy water and dry. The instructions say to fire caps only before loading to make sure nipples and cylinders are dry. That makes sense. I bought bore butter to use when firing. My questions right now are, do you grease over the balls or use lubed patches ?
    DJ, I got a couple of questions about my new revolver and I think you're the one in the know.
    Reactions: Djcala
    Djcala
    Djcala
    Message me anytime on here or heck text or call even
    2397judge@gmail.com
    Write iffn ya git wurk
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back