1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.
dylan2k
Last Activity:
Sep 26, 2017

Following 2

Birthday:
Oct 31, 1967 (Age: 52)
Disabled

Share This Page

dylan2k

Copper BB, Male, 52, from Brooksville, FL

I wonder chronic insomnia has increased in kind with internet usage? Sep 24, 2017

dylan2k was last seen:
Sep 26, 2017
    1. dylan2k
      dylan2k
      I wonder chronic insomnia has increased in kind with internet usage?
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 31, 1967 (Age: 52)
    Disabled
    For occupation I never put "Disabled Veteran" because it would be misleading and an insult to our veterans who have been disabled in action. I am a veteran (USAF) and I am disabled. However the two are not related so I don't try to grab honor where it is not due. I was disabled in a horrendous car accident in 1995 which took the life of my closest friend. My hobbies are shooting, collecting music and computers. My first firearms was a Sears & Roebuck .22lr bolt-action rifle with a 5 shot magazine. The owner of the rifle had lost the original magazine and didn't care for the hassle of single-shot loading. So my parents got it for $20 with a Tasco scope. Those were the days when you could still go to the catalog counter in Sears and order any part for anything they had ever sold so despite the fact that the rifle was probably 30-40 years old we were able to replace the magazine for $5.00. My father's friend who, unfortunately, suffered from Lou Gehrig's disease, was a firearms afficianado and took to training me in all manner of pistols and .22 rifles (because we had to shoot in the Police Pistol Range where .22's were the only rifles allowed). I was hooked! He must have had dozens of different guns that he patiently taught an eager 12 year old to shoot with some proficiency. There was also a table full of semi-autos, revolvers and .22's you could just pick up and shoot as you pleased (ah the old days). My favorite gun then (and now) was the Colt M1911A1. The rangemaster doubled as a reloader and we would buy boxes of 230 grain .45ACP for $8.00 (!). My mentor passed away in 1983 and that ended my training and my interest in firearms for nearly 20 years. A while after becoming disabled I decided to get back into them because it was a fun hobby that I could engage in even with mobility issues. Well, I hadn't intended to write a book here but that's a "brief" introduction.

Interact

Content:
    Facebook:
    eric.d.hensler

Signature

"Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule." - Friedrich Nietzche