• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What ear protection do you use?

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
I personally use the Peltor Optime 105 Series. For the money you simply can't beat them.
31woPGx-uYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-Optime-105 ... B000MOF0MW

For 20 bucks I don't think you can beat those with their rating of NRR28. Thanks for posting those. I have been wearing ear plugs only.

I have a couple different things. I have regular old Winchester headphone/earmuff type, and another thing that is kinda like a headband with the foam rubber earplugs on it, but I dont put them in my ears, just let the pressure from the headband hold them on.

i usually use the little ear plug things for clay as well. i did use the same plugs in an indoor range, it didn't work out as well. when i left after about 500 rounds i couldn't hear the same as when i went in but we're all good now.

These are the ones I use:

Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff

These are great for classes and matches where you need to hear the commands.

howard-leight-hearing-protection.jpg

Huh? Whud ya say?

I don't think that brand or style means much when it come to this subject. The important thing is to use some sort of ear protection. I never seemed to have my muffs with when I needed them so I bought a box of throw away foam ear plugs at an auto supply store. I threw some of them in my truck, some in my range bag, some in my field kit and some in my fanny pack (mini field kit) so I would always have some handy. I think I paid something like $4 for 4 dozen sets. If one gets a little waxy I just give it a toss.

I've been meanin to get a pic of what we use, and I finally did. Just real basic Winchester ear muff type from WalMart. Eye protection is the same kind I'd buy for work. Impact and shatter resistant, theyre made by Nemisis and are polarized. I have a pair with amber lenses too.

163675_1596245661116_1085205913_31331331_6812260_n.jpg

Ripcode said:

I got this same pair off Amazon for about $50 - I was a bit skeptical since I saw some electronic for $300 but these seem to be really good so far - needed them for range commands initially, but fun to turn up and hear the birds :D

Ripcode said:

I have these too and they work very well. They are on sale at Cabela's for $50 now.

Ripcode said:

I use these for Skeet as well as Sporting Clays.
I love being able to hear the coversations with them.
The high comb on my Trap gun hits the bottom them, so I use these instead. No need for talking while shooting Trap.

314KbZFBjyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

LTB, I also have some identical to the last pic. I really like them, but I havent been able to find them in forever!

Back