• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Hoping everyone is having a good day. Pretty morning. I'm still needing to mow the graveyard but probably won't be able to until the weekend.

I've been letting my youngest son do most of the mowing on the riding mower. Helps him learn how to do stuff, and he has a deep sense of satisfaction and knowing that he's doing his part taking care of the family cemetery.

Good morning everyone. 59 under cloudy skies, but no wind to speak of. The rain has missed us so far except for a few sprinkles yesterday, so today the lawn get watered the old school way. The hose.

There is another gun show in town this weekend, but it looks like I am going to miss it as we will probably go to the lake. That's not all bad, I can take a gun or two with me and do a little shooting.

John, you're teaching your son well.

Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

Good morning everyone. 59 under cloudy skies, but no wind to speak of. The rain has missed us so far except for a few sprinkles yesterday, so today the lawn get watered the old school way. The hose.

There is another gun show in town this weekend, but it looks like I am going to miss it as we will probably go to the lake. That's not all bad, I can take a gun or two with me and do a little shooting.

John, you're teaching your son well.

Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

meanstreak, sounds like you are in my town in Iowa. It is 59 here, cloudy and almost no wind. Where is the gun show, just in case I am close?

Hombre, I am in Tulsa. We have quite a few good gun shows. I do get up to Iowa though every fall. Cedar Rapids area. I also get to Omaha on a regular basis as I have family and friends that live there.

Hombre, I am in Tulsa. We have quite a few good gun shows. I do get up to Iowa though every fall. Cedar Rapids area. I also get to Omaha on a regular basis as I have family and friends that live there.

I'm in DeWitt, IA...about 60 or 70 miles from CR. Have a few friends in Cedar Rapids...old classmates. Let me know when you're coming and I will buy the coffee.

Hombre, back in the early 60s I had an aunt and uncle, lived in Clinton. I spent the summer of '61 with them. One of the best summers ever. I'm always ready for a cup of coffee.

Hombre, back in the early 60s I had an aunt and uncle, lived in Clinton. I spent the summer of '61 with them. One of the best summers ever. I'm always ready for a cup of coffee.

Plenty of restaurants around for coffee and grub. Princeton Shooting Range is a few miles away, but may be being moved or just forgotten. No news on it. It is in sad shape, but if there's a range there is a place to plink...if you so desire. Or, if you feel like going a ways farther, I have a membership to the Milan Rifle club. If I come your way, I am sure Cedar Rapids has similar places to hunker and maybe even shoot. I will see if my old classmates can give me any info. I am sure the net has information too. Let me know if you come up. It will be nice to meet ya.

Good evening folks.

I was planning to work on my truck today, but I wasn't convinced my knee was well enough to take the wheels off and on, or that I could get up and down off the floor without hurting myself.
My buddy wants to hike along the river fishing, but I'm surely not ready for that.

I spent some time improving my aquariums, and I BBQ'd a nice big steak for dinner with candied yams and asparagus. There was lemonaid cake and cinnamon rice pudding and 3 kinds of ice cream left over from Easter dinner. Does anyone eat better than Americans? No, thank the Lord, they do not.

This is a slight problem, because I have put on over 10 lbs since I hurt my knee. I am about 20 lbs heavier than I need to be and I'm needing to get back at it.

Good evening folks.

I was planning to work on my truck today, but I wasn't convinced my knee was well enough to take the wheels off and on, or that I could get up and down off the floor without hurting myself.
My buddy wants to hike along the river fishing, but I'm surely not ready for that.

I spent some time improving my aquariums, and I BBQ'd a nice big steak for dinner with candied yams and asparagus. There was lemonaid cake and cinnamon rice pudding and 3 kinds of ice cream left over from Easter dinner. Does anyone eat better than Americans? No, thank the Lord, they do not.

This is a slight problem, because I have put on over 10 lbs since I hurt my knee. I am about 20 lbs heavier than I need to be and I'm needing to get back at it.

I have gained a lot of weight since I had to start shootin insulin. Now I am having a war with salt. I am very slowly losing the weight I gained almost over night, but it seems like I lose it then gain back more. I am going fishing today if it doesn't rain. It may help get my heart pumping again just to walk a bit around the ponds.

Have a great day.
h

I have gained a lot of weight since I had to start shootin insulin. Now I am having a war with salt. I am very slowly losing the weight I gained almost over night, but it seems like I lose it then gain back more. I am going fishing today if it doesn't rain. It may help get my heart pumping again just to walk a bit around the ponds.

Have a great day.
h

Heading out here shortly myself for a little ultralight fun......good luck and have fun!

103_0105 (2).JPG

@Elbert Garrett
That looks a lot like the local large mouth bass.

@hombre243
I'm hoping to raise some crawdads here to help feed my pet fish. There is A German one called the marmorkreb, discovered as a female lab mutation. It clones itself without a male & delivers a brood every month or so.
They are easy to raise but so far it seems illegal to import to California.

Good morning all Mossberg Owners.
The new puppy is growing fast. It's been one month since little Ozzy came home with us. My wife is still in love . . .

20190425_072902.jpg

@Elbert Garrett
That looks a lot like the local large mouth bass.

@hombre243
I'm hoping to raise some crawdads here to help feed my pet fish. There is A German one called the marmorkreb, discovered as a female lab mutation. It clones itself without a male & delivers a brood every month or so.
They are easy to raise but so far it seems illegal to import to California.

Good morning all Mossberg Owners.
The new puppy is growing fast. It's been one month since little Ozzy came home with us. My wife is still in love . . .

View attachment 20729

Now that's LOVE!

Good morning fellas. Clear skies and 57 and the air is calm. The high today should be in the mid to high 70s. Looks to be a beauty. We are heading to the lake for the weekend later today.

<<<<<< I sold the Nomad yesterday. I had it for 14 years and it was faithful for 91,000 miles. I hated to see it go, but I need something lighter. The fella I sold it too was pretty excited, and I hope it treats him well.

Man, all of this talk of fish, crawdads, and turtle makes me hungry, LOL. I best get some breakfast.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning fellas. Clear skies and 57 and the air is calm. The high today should be in the mid to high 70s. Looks to be a beauty. We are heading to the lake for the weekend later today.

<<<<<< I sold the Nomad yesterday. I had it for 14 years and it was faithful for 91,000 miles. I hated to see it go, but I need something lighter. The fella I sold it too was pretty excited, and I hope it treats him well.

Man, all of this talk of fish, crawdads, and turtle makes me hungry, LOL. I best get some breakfast.

I will have to find a secludes area. Winds today up to 30 mph will play havoc with my UL rig. But I will get it did.

meanstreak have a great day. Congrats on selling the Nomad. Good luck down at the lakes. Catch, cook, eat.

Good morning all. Been having productive week. Crazy morning we had big winds move in for,about 45,minutes it was blinding with all the pollen !!!! Literally reminded me,of,sand storms. I was horrible. Stay safe enjoy the day.

Well it's the end of an era! Sic Transit Gloria and alla that . . .

Mine only has about 48,000 mi, and I will keep it. I should maybe just strip the touring gear. I'm ready for a chopped Kawasaki. The bike has 100lbs of excess baggage minimum. The running gear will appreciate the relief. A shorter rear tire would help too.

From Maga rally today, about the left :

"They will take your guns away too, by the way" . . . Prez Trump
:gimme5:
The SRO crowd went ape schidt!

Last edited:
Back