• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I would rather wrangle rattlesnakes as to have to deal with tornadoes and floods.
Dj,

John, we have rattlesnakes too, and a few other venomous reptiles. This time of year it is nothing short of paradise, LOL.

Dj, I hope your army brother and family are ok. I think the weather was more difficult around Miami than here. Miami is about 75 miles up I-44 from us.

To everyone else, good morning and have a safe day.

Good morning all. Cloudy skies and 57 degrees. Not much chance for rain today, 20 percent. Tomorrow that jumps up to 90 percent.

We really could go for a week or more without and be fine. Oh well, such is springtime.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Good morning men. Things here are going well. Exceptionally warm though. Expecting storms the next 3 days. Probably from the same system that moved through OK day before yesterday I guess.

I hope all is well in your parts of the world.

0430192101.jpg 0502191147_HDR.jpg Good morning all, not so great day. I have alot planned over remainder of the yesr, @nd BOOM blew out my right knee AGAIN..... 3RD time in 30 yrs aaarrrgg:hhhhhh. ACL complete tear anD MCL PARTIAL. having 2nd MRI at 3 today , meet with surgeon Monday morn, I think imnready to go with full,replacement now, theyre been no cartlidge left for a long time, I'm pretty sure all new jpint is the route at this point. Psa dont wait tommorow is not guaranteed...

View attachment 20808 View attachment 20809 Good morning all, not so great day. I have alot planned over remainder of the yesr, @nd BOOM blew out my right knee AGAIN..... 3RD time in 30 yrs aaarrrgg:hhhhhh. ACL complete tear anD MCL PARTIAL. having 2nd MRI at 3 today , meet with surgeon Monday morn, I think imnready to go with full,replacement now, theyre been no cartlidge left for a long time, I'm pretty sure all new jpint is the route at this point. Psa dont wait tommorow is not guaranteed...

I was told to lose weight...a lot of weight. I have lost 35. I have about 120 to go. I have always been a porker. Can't figure why I should change now.

Deej, good luck with the knee replacement. It will make a real difference. Prayin for a completely successful surgery, recovery and hopefully they give you back some bragging rights for that leg. Man! It looks scary from where I sit...

Dj,

John, we have rattlesnakes too, and a few other venomous reptiles. This time of year it is nothing short of paradise, LOL.

Dj, I hope your army brother and family are ok. I think the weather was more difficult around Miami than here. Miami is about 75 miles up I-44 from us.

To everyone else, good morning and have a safe day.

The only good snake is a fried snake...preferably Cajun style.:nana:

Well my knee is starting to actually recover to the point where I want to get out and do things now instead of forcing myself to get out.

This is making my wife happy because she thinks I'm going to go out and clean up the side patio where all my junk cars and old parts and the Dog kennel and boat and the garbage cans and a lot of scrap metal and my two extra work benches and my stock of hoarded Lumber all reside.

I'll be sure to be praying for you Dj. knee replacement is a really big surgery. My Dad was miserable for about a month afterwards due to the sciatic nerve and he said it felt like someone was pouring hot water on his leg.

DJ, I Liked yer borked knee photo, but of course it's you and not the injury I liked.

A few times I have torn my knee just to where it healed up pretty much OK without surgery, but it has never been 100% since 1970.

Today I have about 25% strength in the left knee & 10% endurance, but 2 weeks ago it was 5%-0%. 2 months ago it was over 50% strength and 30% endurance, compared to the right leg.
Not today though. Knee recovery is slow for me.

I saw my mom and my FFL buddy Dave both go thru knee replacement, and Slots (one of my MC buddies) did as well.
It was hell on all of them, and I cower every time my wife broaches the subject in my case.

Slots had awful pains in cold weather from the implant, and I think it caused him to quit riding.

My mom had both knees done, but was about 100% overweight, so it was really hell on her.

Dave lost a lot of weight and got along OK, but after 20 years it's time for an overhaul.
They can't remove the metal easily, so they plane, drill, thread, screw, and reface the wear surfaces.

If all of this is makin yer knee hurt worse, believe me when I say that just describing it makes mine hurt too.

When my wife broke her patella last summer, she had a sort of orthoscopic surgery and then stem cell injections.

I will probably try to have those done soon. I think it will help somewhat.

I hear ya @CaddmannQ ive had army knees along time. Had 2 full reconstructions and,more arthroscope than I care to remember. Several friends have had full,replacements that went fabulous. Ive also,talked with others who's results were not as good. Its a roll the dice either way but the technology has really made some,huge leaps,last few years. I am borderline as for longevity, they say 25 to 35 yrs before a replacement faulters, sooo actually I dont want to,ponder that timeline ??????? Hoping you get back up and skating soon, i know,IL be nutz soon not motivating doing my thing, think I'm,gonna order a pile of,leather working stuff and give that a try.....

Good morning all. Cloudy again and 61. We are supposed to have a rainy day but so far it is still to the west of us. Looks like a nice weekend with mostly sunny skies and highs in the 70s. That's more like it.

Dj I hope that knee gets fixed right properly.

Cadd, hope yours treats you well too. I have been fortunate to have never had knee problems but have known a few that did. The surgery always seemed to help.

Hombre, I'm with you on the snake thing. Dead is good, although I have never eaten one.

John, how's the MIL doing by now. Hope she is feeling better.

Ya'll have a great day and stay safe.

I would rather wrangle rattlesnakes as to have to deal with tornadoes and floods.

Picture this: I'm standing in clear shin-deep water, surrounded by thousands of minnows, loading my boat.
They are sunning on the warm ramp. Me too. ;)

As I look up the ramp at the previous boat getting tied down, I see them pry a rattler off the dripping trailer with a pole.

Suddenly I'm looking down and high-stepping it to dry ground!

The hills around Pine flat lake are full of rattlers. I have seen them swimming in the water.

I might take some snakeshot next time.

Picture this: I'm standing in clear shin-deep water, surrounded by thousands of minnows, loading my boat.
They are sunning on the warm ramp. Me too. ;)

As I look up the ramp at the previous boat getting tied down, I see them pry a rattler off the dripping trailer with a pole.

Suddenly I'm looking down and high-stepping it to dry ground!

The hills around Pine flat lake are full of rattlers. I have seen them swimming in the water.

I might take some snakeshot next time.

Maybe some snapshots too?

I think one of them mammy jammers just crawled up and down my spine...BBRRRR

Good morning all. The rain has ended, again. We're at the lake till tomorrow. Cloudy and 57 when I got up at 7am. Supposed to be in the mid 70s this afternoon, fingers crossed.

Anyways, you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning all. Mostly sunny and 55 this morning. The high should be 71-72 this afternoon. We'll head home this afternoon.

Have a great day and be safe.

Back