• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

The now bankrupt McClatchy publishing company runs the real newspapers in California.

It’s a good thing they’re going bankrupt too, but it’s unfortunate that they are still publishing.

The good news is that virus cases are slowing down in the central valley and we’re having fewer every day.

But what did they print to scare people?

Covid cases rise in Tulare & Fresno County...number of coronavirus cases in the region top 1700.... county fair canceled....Parlier defies state regulations!

Lots of pieces designed to scare people & mislead them.

By the way our death toll did rise from 7 to 8 when an 86-year-old woman in a nursing home passed away.Of course the paper ignores her completely and concentrates on every way to screw with people. That means that only one person has died in our county in over a week but for some reason that’s not good news and they can’t print it.

Good morning MOers. We have mostly cloudy skies with very widely scattered light showers around. Yesterday we had a line of severe TRWs move through about 5 pm. The worst of it missed us. Just to the east and north there were many reports of baseball size hail.

Cadd, nice picture of the fish hanging out on your patio.

Our media does the same kind of crap. I think it was Saturday a local station reported 8 new deaths in the state. Later that day another station reported the same number, but they also added that the numbers were for the week. The first report made it sound like the deaths were all from the night before.

You guys have a great day.

Thanks Meanie. That was one of those once in a lifetime photos.
Fish rarely cooperate much.

Yesterday I polished up the Camry and Judy cleaned it out and made up a little picnic. Then I took Judy up the hill about 40 miles, to a little spot where there's a tiny creek coming down from the peaks. It was nice to get out of the valley and look down to see much less smog than typical. We ate sandwiches and took some photos, and came back home.
on tollhouse.jpg

I first went there in 1977.

I had moved to California, my car got hit, and I bought a motorcycle. I rode it here the first week.
I ride every bike here at least once, and every car too. It's become a stupid tradition, and today our Camry got to go.

"Oh Look...flowers!"
jd.jpg
"Oh look! a snake!" .... just kidding.....

Actually there was no snake, but a dead possum carcass in the creak spoiled that photo.

Low Rez wildflowers.
wildflowers.jpg

If a selfie shows you taking the selfie too, is that a super selfie?
mannq.jpg

I'm looking at my photo thinking, "Dammit...I didn't shave.... My hair is making my teeth look really yellow."

Judy is probably thinking, "Why did I marry this redneck?"

It was about computer skills and tool handling abilities, I'm certain.
It wasn't for my teeth.

Judy has $15,000 worth of hollywood teeth. I remember the bill. I wish she'd smile in the photos, but it is the season for rattlesnakes...

If a selfie shows you taking the selfie too, is that a super selfie?
index.php

To qualify as a "Super Selfie" you would have to see your face reflected from both your glasses AND the phone screen in your hands. Keep working on it... you are damned close!

To qualify as a "Super Selfie" you would have to see your face reflected from both your glasses AND the phone screen in your hands. Keep working on it... you are damned close!

I did that but didn't post it. There was lettuce in my teeth...

Good morning guys. Today will be in the 80's and with a light breeze off the ocean. I wanted to do some routing and sanding on my new desk hutch. Instead we went to Lowes for paneling and moldings to finish out the TV room.

I got the rear wiring loom out of the car and started on the front loom. Almost all the wiring is undamaged. The loom is crap.

I'm planning on the structural reinforcements for the VW, and as I plan and measure and inspect, I have come to some conclusions about this car.

First, it's not well assembled, but it's not ruined. The materials there are 99.9% usable, and attractive enough.
The windshield chrome is toast.

Plus, there's a rust spot I must fix on Napoleon's Hat. Only a VW restorer will know that one, but it's the toeboard, welded below the dash and instrument panel.
nasphat.jpg
Since the SS100 is driven from the back seat, my toes are really far away...

The pan needs to be squared up a bit, and the rear tub needs real support. Sitting on the bumper brackets and the muffler isn't enough.
Nowhere was the body of the car bolted to framing, behind the rear bulkhead. (The seat backs.)

Good morning. 59 with increasing clouds. We have rain moving in from the west, should reach us in about an hour.

Today will be a run to the grocery and maybe Bass Pro. It's easy to spend a little time there.

I hope the rest of yous ha ve a fine day.

We got out to get the Camry smogged today. $59 later we are legal. Well, except the $200 to the state.
I put another coat of varnish on my desk.
I made some nice sauteed fish and cole slaw, and baked squash.
Now I'm trying to buy car parts online.

It's shaping up to hit the 90's soon. I expect a hot desert summer.

Cadd, you should join us here if it's too hot for you.
After a week w/ the highs in the mid 80s we are forecasting some lows about 34F on Saturday. Ugh.
The nice thing is the temps will peak out 65ish so the Kaw will be on the road!
th

Good morning fellas. Cloudy and 59. Thunderstorms rolled through last night. I think we probably got about a half an inch of rain.

We are cooling off as well for the next week with chances of rain pretty much all week. I certainly hope we don't have a repeat of next year.

Have a great day and be safe.

@Scoop
I moved here because I like it hot, so I'm not complaining. I have raw furniture wood in the garage and I'm not rushing to seal it against moisture. I took the insulated doors off the patio aquarium and opened up my tiny greenhouse. We painted a bench and the paint dries like magic. I haven't touched a snow shovel in almost 50 years. Color me happy.

Still...
@meanstreak
I wouldn't mind seeing a rain. There is still much water coming down from the peaks, but I suspect no more than miniscule rain until Sept.

Also,
Last night, I stripped open the main wiring harness on my car, front and rear. The front loom had got gasoline in it, which was a source of continual gas vapors. I will have to de-goo each individual wire and re-loom everything, after that I will solder all the terminals on.

One reason there are not more VWs on the road is that they would regularly catch fire. Leaky fuel hoses dripped on the wiring and things came apart from vibration. Usually, crimp-on electric terminals were involved.

Like my main power bus from battery to regulator. If this shorts in an engine compartment full of hot gas fumes, it could lift yer lid.
regulator.jpg
New hoses and other bits expected to arrive today and Monday.

Good morning . Clear skies and 47. The low was forecast to be about 40, but I like this better.

Have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Do I have room in my safe for one more gun?
I am asking this of myself, because there's a Browning I want.
I have wanted it a long time. But my safe is overfull.

So now I'm asking myself if I have room for another safe....

It's a lovely Saturday here, and I have lots to do. I will probably do some woodwork and work on wiring the car. I got a big box of car parts yesterday, so lots to play with.

Also, my junkyard is a total mess right now.
I need to straighten up the junkyard and catch some sun this AM.

Mornin all, like my old fridge, itsa Coldernell today. Soon it' be hotternell, like my stove. O well, this is Ioways and it is April. No foolin. I need a few articles from the store. Breakfast was minimal...1 undersized burger and 2 oversized slices of homemade bread. I am waiting for a new HD catfish combo and that will be here by Wednesday. After that...we shall see if the fish like me this year. The Mississippi is down to where my spots are accessible. I have all the bait I need to get started and hope the bluegills are agreeable. I want to get skipjack but am not sure where to get them. Several dams that i can get to so looks like I will be heading into the wilds for some cutbait.

Have a good day.
h
PS Temp was 31 when I woke up, it is 47 now. 3 hours and it is warm enough to thaw out my worms.

Attachments

• It's THAT COLD2.jpg
    It's THAT COLD2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3
Fishing is generally verbotten until the epidemic passes thru California. I saw a few folks sneaking down illegally, but the "public waters" are all closed.

I'm predicting that mutated viruses will appear, and the govt will use that as an excuse to continue the lockdown of free enterprise.

Fishing is generally verbotten until the epidemic passes thru California. I saw a few folks sneaking down illegally, but the "public waters" are all closed.

I'm predicting that mutated viruses will appear, and the govt will use that as an excuse to continue the lockdown of free enterprise.
It could happen. Iowa has no restrictions for wildlife management areas or waters. The Gov says practice social distancing but has not closed any parks down. I suppose one could catch and spread ich if he/she were exposed to a sick fish. But that seems a bit extraordinary. Know what I mean? :omg:

I don’t know how much liability the state has an all of this, but I’ve had a feeling they shut all the parks down here so they wouldn’t be sued by rangers who got sick.

Or the families of dead Rangers.

Back