• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rossi's Complete AR... Mod.

I've never seen taper pins punch out as easily as they did in that video. :lol:

Every standard FSB I've ever taken off, I've had to beat their guts out to get them started moving :lol:

But Rossignol's gas block is a railed gas block, so are likely gonna be held in place with set screws.

I know the Arms folding front sight just clamps in place.

Nice bit of info fellas, Thanks! I knew you guys would have the straight poop on this stuff! :D

My rifle is at the gun shop. I dont know that I can make it out there before the weekend...

WOO-HOO (this is me doing the happy dance) :lol:

The important thing is it is there anytime you can swing by there and get it. :cool:

I remember you being quoted 3 weeks.

Did it take the full 3 weeks before they sent it?

To be delivered on our side of the country, usually 5-7 days of the wait is UPS transit.

I may be able to get to it friday!!!

It has been just over a week ... it was a week last friday.

LES, you know I'll be doin pics every step of the way! ;)

Weird thing is I was drivin home thinkin, I bet my rifle is at the shop and I was tryin to hurry home to check my caller ID. I made it home around 5:30 and had thought they were open till 6 and I'd be able to make it. Nope, nothin. He called my cell instead. No matter, he closes at 5:30...

Anyway. FRIDAY!!!

icon_thumb.gif

I HAVE IT!!! Its here, I picked it up this mornin around 11 am!

Now, I have almost no clue what i'm doin breakin down an AR... However it took me no time to figure it out! A couple springs ... sprung. But I found em and got em back in no problem! I credit all the info you guys have contributed to the forum with your build and the reading I've done in those topics. I've read it enough I didnt even have to defer to it today! :D Thank You Gentlemen!!!

I have pics that have to be uploaded yet, but I'll show you what I started with and what I have now! Its real simple still, no weird overly tactical craziness!

I have the Magpul rear MBUS, my Bushnell Trophy 1 x 32 red dot, and I have already switched the railed gas block for the ARMS folding A2 front post. This set up will co-witness excellently!

The M4 carbine handguard has been swapped for the Magpul MOE handguard and I added the 2.5" MOE rails on either side before I put it on just to have, I may try a light on it, and really I may wanna do a bipod but that will be down the road.

update with pics tonight!!! :D

I've been waiting for this update since you said it was at your dealers.

Now that you have it in your hands, what do you think about it? We need details man !!

Looking forward to the pics and even more important

RANGE REPORT :mrgreen:

Thank You Fellas!

It has been a long time... before deciding on the Olympic Arms, I spent a good deal of time not only lookin and askin about a number of different firearms, but also prioritizing what in a firearm would be most important. Like caliber and capacity for example. Caliber because I have to feed the thing, I figured I may as well avoid something like .45-70 govt. and go with something more readily available and far less expensive.

John, I love the feel of the rifle! Fit and finish meets my expectations and is on par with every other AR carbine i have handled! I like the weight and "heft" of it and it feels very natural in comparison to a couple other rifles (not M4/AR rifles) I have handled and fired. I actually like a firearm with a little weight, and while I'd have to look at specs, I believe it comes in around 7 lbs, about the same as my 590A1, but the platform puts the weight much closer to your body. After swingin a 20" shotgun, this is EASY to manuever and manipulate!

Range report will hopefully follow very soon! I have both the Federal/Lake City XM193 55 gr. 5.56 FMJ and Hornady TAP FPD 55 gr. .223 Remington in the nickel plated case!

Pics, Where do I begin... :D

Box stock, fresh out of the OD green case it came with!
100_6331Small.jpg

A couple closer up pics. You can see the OA emblem and the railed gas block.
100_6335Small.jpg

100_6332Small.jpg

It actually has a dust cover and forward assist! :shock:
100_6339Small.jpg

Started adding sights. The front is the Leapers/UTG gas block mount. I'm gonna sell that with the railed gas block.
100_6341Small.jpg

My Bushnell Trophy and Magpul MBUS. I scuffed the Trophy on purpose after painting... I kinda like it that way! OH! And I really dig the Magpul PMag too!
100_6342Small.jpg

Tore it down in like 2 seconds! Got the Magpul ASAP on there. Figured I may as well while it was apart, I plan on tryin it with my single point at some time. I lost the springs at one point but quickly recovered them and figured out where they went! I remembered reading about them in a couple other threads on here!!! :D
100_6346Small.jpg

At this point I wasnt entirely certain I'd remember how it all went back together!
100_6347Small.jpg

Got the M4 handgaurd off, heck of a time gettin the MOE on there! Not enough hands and thing had to go on, and the other thing still had to be able to slide, and the holes in the watchamajigger...
100_6351Small.jpg

And then it kinda just came together with the ARMS flip up A2 front post and everything. I really like the ARMS sight, thats stayin and the M1907 will likely be the keeper sling too! Oh, the roll pin from the railed gas block is a little long for the ARMS sight and I havent yet figured out how to tighten the rear most allen set screw on it due to the MOE handgaurd. I need to get another allen key and will probably cut a little off the end to fit it between the two pieces.
100_6352Small.jpg

Another closer up like the first but with the new parts!
100_6355Small.jpg

Co-witness with the Magpul MBUS.
100_6359Small.jpg

Co-witness minus the MBUS. I have some adjustments to make yet at the range. I'll sight without the Trophy first...
100_6366Small.jpg

Thats it for now boys and girls! I have a couple other things I'm thinkin about for the future, like the grip real soon, but I need a longer allen driver thingy so I can pull the screw!!! (THANKS LES!). I cant wait to get video of Allison shooting, I know shes excited!!! I am too! :D

Brad, I love it! I'm so glad that your wait is over. It's looking great. For real.

Thanks fellers! I'm really enjoyin the AR platform, I'm enamoured with the idea of total control of customization or not from one end to the other!

A mod on the OA forum saw a couple issues right away and suggested reading the instructions! What a novel idea I thought... I really hadnt considered it at all but as it turns out it was a great recommendation! I found I was able to remove and install the hanguard properly! This allowed me to be able to tighten the rear set screw on the ARMS front sight. I dont mind admitting I'm still a total nOOb.

I dont have much of anything else I wanna do. I'm gonna put that CAA grip on it and maybe get the ERGO F93 in black and tan. And more importantly, it desires to be fired. Over and over again. I keep tryin to schedule range time and for some reason Jenny always has other weird and goofy plans that are of little concern to me and are certainly far less entertaining or gratifying. Darnit man, I have ammo and targets, even a rifle! Lets go flippin shooting already!

I appreciate the compliments from you all! Thank You!

Rossi ... oh Rossi. You always got it going on man. Great looking rifle and the price ain't bad either. Seeing this is making me really reconsider buying a 'cheaper' model than the Colt. I wanted to go all out and buy the 'better' rifle, but with the prices on the Colt LE6920 being what they are I could buy two of these and start upgrading parts right off the bat. I'm not planning on taking on swarms of zombies or herds of mind controlling sheep, so I think you got me reconsidering how I want to spend my pennies. Man, you always do this to me ... you and your logical approach to things! :lol:

Back