• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 50th Anniversary Edition

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
MOSSBERG & SONS INC 50th Anniversary Edition Mossberg 500

Mossberg is celebrating their 50th anniversary of the 500 edition shotgun. This edition features a finely checkered high gloss walnut stock, multi choke system, 3 in chamber, ambidextrous tang safety, bead sights, gold trigger with jeweled bolt, and the 50th Anniversary Logo on the receiver.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Mfg Item Num: 50123
Category: FIREARMS - SHOTGUNS
Action :pump
Gauge :12
Barrel Length :28 in
Capacity :5 + 1
Chamber :3 in
Length :47.5 in
Weight :7.5 lbs
Drop :
Stock :Walnut
Finish :Blue

I have been searching for one of these Mossberg 500 50th Anniversary Edition but no luck on finding a dealer that has one in stock.

DHonovich said:
I have been searching for one of these Mossberg 500 50th Anniversary Edition but no luck on finding a dealer that has one in stock.

These guns have not hit the market 100%. They are still in production. It is a nice piece of work. I am glad to contribute to its anniversary celebration by getting my hands on one of these babies! :mrgreen:

I just received an e-mail from Bud's Gun Shop.....

THEY'RE IN and only $319!!! I'm traveling next week, but when I get back, I'm ordering one...

I just need to find a new FFL, the guy that used to do all of my transfers went out of business....

Smitty

Mossberg 500 50th Anniversary 2 versions?

Does anyone know which national sporting goods chain if any, are stocking the 500 50th with the high gloss finish, red recoil pad and 500 50 years logo on the receiver.I went to buy one today and the chain I went to had a different version not the one I was looking for. I would rather not order online and wait a week! Thanks

Re: Mossberg 500 50th Anniversary 2 versions?

I havent seen any of these at all. Couldnt guess which way to go Tom.

I have seen them on Gunbroker but never in a store.

Never seen one in my area...and I'm in a gun shop, range, or Dick's SG at least three times a week !

Guess I’ll have to order from Buds, went to Dicks yesterday and they have a plain 500 with a 50th anniversary decal on the stock. Cabelas has what they call a 500 classic high gloss furniture, red recoil pad, but no anniversary logo. Bass Pro has none at all.

MossbergModel500AnniversaryEdition.jpg

You got a pic you can point us too? I'd love to see it!

OH YEAH!!! I remember now, that is a fine lookin shotgun!

Always like the jeweled look...

I decided to make the 50th anniversary my first gun purchase. Must say that so far I love it. The look is great, the recoil pad is very nice. I bought this primarily for shooting skeet and love the fact that it came with the 28" barrel. Overall, it is very nice shotgun. I had my local gun shop order it for me since nobody carried it.

*Edit* Just realized this is a dead thread, :lol: now it's been resurrected into a zombie thread. Opps

Eh, not really any dead threads around here brother. They just lay dormant until someone has something meaningful to add.

Great choice in weaponry BTW...

Now that I have had a chance to go shooting with my new AE 500 all I can say is wow. It feels so smooth all around, it racks and ejects very nicely, the recoil pad is easy on the shoulder, all around just fun to shoot. Nothing but compliments on the finish from everyone who saw it.
I am still new to skeet, today only being my second time going out, but I did pretty good. I hit around 40% of the 100+ clay's I shoot at. That's twice as good as the first time I went and I think the gun had a lot to do with. Last time I was using a friends gun, which is a nice gun, but just did not feel like such a good fit. This anniversary edition felt like it was molded just for me and I find that makes me feel more confident and comfortable when I shoot.
To anyone considering adding one of these to your collection, I would strongly recommend it.

Back