• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

Man, I keep wanting to post more here and give my hello's to the new posters, but life has kept me at full speed with little hope of slowing down.

Both of my employees quit in the past couple months, and I am a one man show doing the work of three. I have been on the road, dealing with the production issues, and conducting interviews. Not to mention that this is summer, my social calander has pulled me away from anything that isn't work, but that is a good thing. Seems when I get a moment to breathe I just can't bring myself to post anything substancial or informitive.

Glad to see new people finding us and jumping on board. The world will turn without me, but this is all temporary until I find some guys to spread the pain around. ;)

As you were.

carbinemike said:
Get well...it's amazing how age creeps up.

I see what just happened there. :twisted: :lol:

THEFT IN BROAD DAYLIGHT! yeah that's all caps 'cause I'm all kinds of ticked off at what I just saw.

so I'm driving over to drop off my rent to the owner and I'm at a stoplight next to a gas station. there's a pickup with a trailer of lawn care equipment right next to the road. all in a flash I see an orange and white shape arc overhead from the trailer to another pickup right next to it. it struggle me of at how hard the guy threw what was obviously a Stihl weed cutter into his truck. I realized what happened when he took off out of the parking lot.

I was stuck behind cars and thought he had disappeared out the other side of the stations lot, but then he appeared at the same intersection again.

the chase was on. all I wanted was to get a plate #. but I couldn't catch up before more cars got ahead of me at the next light.
all I had was " green pickup" for a description. that would narrow it down to probably thousands.

MY damn PC had a meltdown this weekend. It's an older PC but I've upgraded everything but the MB/CPU so it is a viable gaming machine. I really don't need this expense right now.

MikeD said:
MY damn PC had a meltdown this weekend. It's an older PC but I've upgraded everything but the MB/CPU so it is a viable gaming machine. I really don't need this expense right now.
Must have been something in the water Mike, mine bit the dust Friday. I hated to spend the $$$ on a new computer when it could have went towards something useful like guns or guitars. At least we had a 'tax free weekend' so I saved a few bucks.

jimmydeuce said:
Must have been something in the water Mike, mine bit the dust Friday. I hated to spend the $$$ on a new computer when it could have went towards something useful like guns or guitars. At least we had a 'tax free weekend' so I saved a few bucks.

I gladly trade my guitar for an i8 right now!!!

I'm a bit of a gamer. Not having a PC at home is like making a junkie go cold turkey. LOL

I replaced the heat sink/fan on the CPU and things seem to be working OK again. Fortunately it looks like there was no heat damage. I guess I should start putting a little aside for the inevitable though.

Update on my dog situation.

Firstly, I appreciate you all and I appreciate that many of you would check in with me from time to time and ask how things have been goin.

Its over. The charges of animal cruelty were dismissed after providing the evidence that I had in fact been consulting a vet (wel known around these parts) and with his help had been narrowing down the possibilities of what could be wrong. Dan gave me several ideas, things to check... you know, if she does this it could be this, if not it could be this. Anyhow, Dan and I had talked, I had proof on my phone and kept the conversations and texts. He also provided a letter to my lawyer stating his credentials and vouched for our conversations.

The other evidence was that I had requested from work to cash out my vacation so I had the extra money to get Ivy to the vet and still be able to pay my bills. I had the pay stub of the extra check issued to me after my request and I received the money two days after my dogs were taken.

In the end, the prosecutor wanted me to "pay" somehow, so charged me with one count of not having my dog properly tagged. Its was a $100 fine which I couldnt argue against, because he wasnt tagged and I was a few days past the deadline of havin a new dog tagged. I think they allow 30 days. I had no choice but to plead to that charge but I absolutely refused under any circumstance to accept any other deal that would find me guilty of animal cruelty.

I sold my hangun, my prized 1911 to help pay for the lawyer, I cashed out my vacation, Ivy was put down and Max was rehomed, adopted out.

When I was charged, I was interviewed... I wasnt eventold what was goin on. I know factually the officer uses a recorder during "interviews" but in this case he did not, he took handwritten notes. He gave me paperwork for a court date but the charges were'nt even on the paperwork. I was never told the charges. The dog warden was supposed to have gone before a judge to get permission to take the dogs after submitting evidence to support his case. Remember the burden of proof falls on my accusers. He never did go to the judge to present his case and request permission to remove the dogs.

So, I HAD TO PROVE MY INNOCENCE!!! Their whole sticking point was that I didnt provide "reasonable care" that Ivy wasnt in the care of a liscensed vet. That was what they considered to be reasonable care. Not that we were treating her at home, that we were doin everything within our ability to take care of Ivy while we waited on my extra check to get her to the vet and she was getting better. She had gone from barely bein able to move to bein up and able to get in the car and I took her with me when ever she climbed in!

The dog warden actually told me this was all my opinion that we were caring for her, that what we were doin was not providing care and that we weren't able to make the proper decisions regarding her care. I told him that the person who went to the police and filed the report made a judgement call based on their opinion which was formed within just a few minutes. That person didnt make the special meals for her with deer meat and chiken, brown rice and broth and high end puppy food to help keep weight on her, that person didnt sit with her all night making sure she was ok, and that person didnt make room and move her to my shed with a heating pad and my deer skin, and that person didnt hand feed Ivy to make sure she ate.

That person was my landlords wife. I dont even know what she was doin here. They cost me about 2500 dollars. That includes missed work, lawyer, late payments on my rent because I was payin a lawyer, fines and court costs. She cost me my best dog ever and I rehomed a couple other dogs to reduce my costs here and so I could focus on Ivy.

Additionally, in the report from the dog wardens vet, the reason Ivy was put down is because "diagnosis and treatment too costly". They didnt even diagnose her! They have no idea what was wrong and whether or not we were on the right track with her here at home!!! They have no way of proving/disproving our course of action in treating her as being right or wrong! I cant believe it! They dont know! They dont know what was wrong and whether or not it could be treated by us here at home! How many people have lame dogs that are treated and live out a decent life as a companion animal? We know/knew there was a possibility she would have to be put down, but dang... my money was on its way so I could get her checked! That should have been my decision to make!!! Oh, and Max, their vet didnt find anything wrong, or as I was told, "the other dog is fine".

There are a couple things I wanna persue but I dont know which way to go.

#1 I know the case could have been thrown out because the police didnt provide me with the charges, but the lawyer said they would have refiled immediately and it wouldnt have got me my dogs back. I wasnt shown a copy of my statement, nor was I asked to sign anything and made aware of my rights, I wasnt told anything. Just asked to come in and sit down and talk, tell me whats goin on with the dogs, do you know why they were taken? Thats it and in the end he says be at court on this date at this time.

#2 There is no law that allows the dog warden to remove animals without the judges permission via a court order. What the heck do I do about that?

#3 And finally... I mentioned Ivy was put down and Max adopted out. Each were wearing collars hand made by me. Keep in mind, the charges were dismissed based on evidence provided by me (and Dan, THANK YOU!!!) So, while the case (a criminal case, first degree misdemeanor) was active/undergoing, one dog was put down and the other was given away. The dogs were evidence in an ongoing case, and ultimately I was cleared of the charges. Heres my question, is it legal for ownership of eveidence in an ongoing criminal case to be transferred? I was cleared, so where the heck is my property? Howd they give away property which was mine before I was even convicted of the charges? WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!! What do I do? How can that be, how can they take property and evidence (in this case my dogs!!!) and do what they want like give them away while the case is ongoing? I could understand if there was a conviction or I was found guilty. But what the hell man! How can this be?

Does anyone here know enough of the law to comment one way or the other cuz I cant find anything regarding this stuff.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
And of course I miss Ivy most of all. :(

I would look into recouping the money spent from the Landlord and his wife. Harrassment. Slander. Wrongful accusations. Defamation of character. Pain and suffering. Loss of property.(ivy is property) just to name a few.
Also...you should get back the collars. Thats your property too. Same thing with Max. You need to tell them to get them and return whats rightfully yours.

Im glad to hear its over for the most part. Sadened cuz ivys no longer in your arms. And the thought of me losing my dog Loki is unfathomnable. You have been through so much with Ivy. Dam "the man".

Keep your head up Brad....there is goodness in the world. You just need to look elsewhere. Not everyones a pos like her.....

A lawyer that works pro bono? Idk of the proper spelling. But they dont get paid unless you do...

Thanks RipJack.

Moving is among our plans. We had long planned to buy this place, lived here nearly 6 years. Not now man, I dont wanna give these people any more of our money. Still lookin to be in town here, just not here.

Dont know if i can go after them for anything, but I want too. At least for what its cost us.

There has to be some recourse... I mean, I dunno... Maybe just walk away man.

Rossignol, wow man. I don't know what to say. You have my thoughts tonight. I can't imagine losing your dogs this way. The system really can suck. I'm going to guess that you won't have any recourse against the landlord hag except to move out like you noted and you can certainly exercise your first ammendment right of free speech to tell her what you think of her. It does seem like you should have recourse against the dog ahole warden that took them without a judges consent and also against the ones that adopted out the other dog while the case was open. That one floored me that they could do that. I think it's worth at least inquiring about any recourse.

Keep your chin up.

ripjack13 said:
You could come to Connecticut!!!!

CT? Uhh, whos your senator? :lol: JK man, that would be cool!!!

CB, thanks man. Thats just it, it seems there should be somethin. I'll have to talk with the lawyer again...

I finally have a surgery date. friday the 24th. i'm off work till then as well. and after the surgery i'll be out for 2 weeks. so when you see more of me on the forum, you'll know why....
;)

Rossi, reading the whole wrapup story there has to be some form of recourse where you can repoup your losses. I know there is no bringing the dogs back, but at least you can sting her back for what she took from you.

Move out, and then get her served. Does she own any animals...?

RipJack, lookin forward to more of you on the forum! ...uhh, depends on how you mean "more".

Ripsortr, They may have cats but I know factually she does not like dogs at all.

Ripjack, we'll be thinking about you on the 24th and looking forward to extra posts until you're back on your feet.

Rossignol, I have thought about your situation and I still don't see you getting anything financial out of the landlady hag other than telling her off to the level of your choosing. Unless someone files a false report I think the system covers those that call the authorities. You said the dog looked thin and sickly (which is was) and that is her out. If you can recoup any money I think it will be on the dog cop ahole and whoever ok'd adopting out the other dog during an open case. You may need to go for the emotional toll which obviously hit you and I imagine all of your family. Is their any way to get this covered by a local newspaper or tv station. Public outrage still works wonders...especially when kids or animals are involved.

CB, man I'm likely just gonna walk away. I cant hang on to the anger and anxiety.

I'm sure the dog warden gave the ok on the dogs. It boggles the mind.

I'd rather flip em all the bird and go away. Live and learn, things wont ever go like this again.

Heres another thing, another aspect for me; I've been forgiven much and it does well to forgive. Like I said, I cant hold on to the anger and keep goin. Life keeps movin man and each day is another opportunity to move the ball a little further down the field, every single day ya know? So I gotta stay positive.

My personal motto;
We dont stop, we dont quit and we dont give up. Just keep movin.

And thats what I'm gonna do.

Back