• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

just my imagination?

WCMTWS

.22LR
Whats up all..
So I broke down the 590a1 last night, put it back together and tested it ( pull trigger with safety on/off..etc) Everything worked fine and did as it should but for some reason the action feels a bit stiffer. I had done this once before and felt like I was getting more wear on the bolt from the elevator rubbing on it but figure thats normal. So what do you think?

Thanks

Hmm,

Assuming everything was reassembled properly, there should be no reason for the action to be binding up or for an increase in friction. Do you see any unusual wear inside the receiver or on any of the internal parts?

I would remove the barrel and pop the trigger assembly back out and make sure everything is as it should be.

I know a guy that had a slide not work to smoothly and he didn't have it assembled correctly...ok it was me. I don't remember exactly what it was anymore but it did cycle more roughly until I corrected it.

Good luck and let us know if you find something amiss!

So I took it apart again, put some oil back in and other then the initial pump to get a round chambered it is smooth as can be (as it was). Really not sure, the only 'maybe' unusual wear was some rubbing marks on the top of the receiver but I feel like that is normal? Maybe it's just showing me it's sad because I have not shot it for a month or so! :lol:

I got here too late, but I had the same issue. I removed some of the factory oil with out knowing it. I just needed to properly oil the parts that make contact and VOILA! :p Glad you found the issue and it was nothing severe!

Back