• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My first gun ever *PICS*

There will be a little side to side play in the forend, that's normal. All of my pump guns have it, even the non-Mossbergs.

Congrats, that's a nice looking gun.

MikeD said:
There will be a little side to side play in the forend, that's normal. All of my pump guns have it, even the non-Mossbergs.

Congrats, that's a nice looking gun.

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Good lookin boomstick!

...and yes, the forend wobble is completely normal. The little play in tolerance is one of the factors that contribute to the 500 platform's reliability. Tighter tolerance in the forend could make the weapon more prone to malfunctions caused by fouling, grime, or debris. After a couple trips to the range you won't even notice it anymore...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Good lookin boomstick!

...and yes, the forend wobble is completely normal. The little play in tolerance is one of the factors that contribute to the 500 platform's reliability. Tighter tolerance in the forend could make the weapon more prone to malfunctions caused by fouling, grime, or debris. After a couple trips to the range you won't even notice it anymore...

Awesome man thanks

Keep an eye out in the for sale section but which one were you thinking of ordering?

Don't know where to get the stock, I just wanted to say 'Grats on the scattergun.

michaelrjames1 said:
to get the ATI talon stock or not is now the question , anyone know where to get one for less than 85 bucks

No, but I know where you can get a Blackhawk SpecOps Recoil reducing 6 position stock. ;) :D

As Dan said keep an eye on the for sale section. Stuff pops up there occasionally as people change out hardware.

Edit: I just checked eBay and there are a few there with a buy it now of 84.99

link: ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock Mossberg 500

Amazon as well: linky

MikeD said:
michaelrjames1 said:
to get the ATI talon stock or not is now the question , anyone know where to get one for less than 85 bucks

No, but I know where you can get a Blackhawk SpecOps Recoil reducing 6 position stock. ;) :D

As Dan said keep an eye on the for sale section. Stuff pops up there occasionally as people change out hardware.

Edit: I just checked eBay and there are a few there with a buy it now of 84.99

link: ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock Mossberg 500

Amazon as well: linky

What stocks go you guys have ?

I run the Blackhawk SpecOps recoil stock on my 590...

It does an outstanding job absorbing recoil.

I can't say that mine is recoil reducing, but it does redirect some recoil into the hand and forearm instead of all of it into your shoulder.

I use the Mesa Tactical LEO Adapter:

DSC00822.jpg

That is almost the exact setup I would like to have on mine, only I want a high tube adapter that is inline with the barrel.

michaelrjames1 said:
What stocks go you guys have ?

My 835 turkey gun has the Blackhawk Spec ops recoil reducing stock.
My 870 HD gun has a Hogue short LOP stock
All other shotguns are equipped with the std stock from the factory.

Most of my shooting involves wing shooting, something a pistol grip does work well for IMHO. The only reason my 835 has it was to help with recoil (3.5" mags) and because turkey hunting is more of precision shooting. If I was to use it waterfowl or something I would swap it out for a traditional stock.

I like the high tube. But with a mossberg you have to either get a Maverick 88 trigger group or a goofy Tactical Tang Safety to reach the safety around the extension rail. Also, you are going to need BUIS or Red Dot because of the raised cheek weld. I liked the LEO more anyhow :)

But everything I have gotten from Mesa Tactical is Grade A+ stuff!

Nice first gun and pictures to boot! Your first gun is like other special firsts and you will always remember it.

You are now officially hooked, welcome aboard with the rest of us nuts.

Great lookin Mossberg, I love the Persuaders for the full length magazine!

Excellent first gun!

Back