• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Maverick 88/Mossberg 500 forearm conversion

does anyone know where to buy a replacement single bar slide action assembly? the end of mine literally snapped off yesterday and it's proving a bit difficult to find a replacement.
many thanks

Re: Maverick 88/Mossberg 500 forearm conversion

When it comes to anything Mossberg check out Havlin Sales http://www.havlinsales.com

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

I need a red dot for my 500 safety

Where can I buy a replacement red dot for my 500 safety?

I see at Brownells you can buy replacement safety and components but it doesn't look like they come with the red dot part?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: I need a red dot for my 500 safety

Do you mean the red paint?

Is it paint? I was afraid it would be something embarrassing like that lol. Its not a sticker or wax or anything? Just red paint?

Mine is just a drop of red paint.

Grab some of your wife's red nail polish to fix it.
Takes 2 seconds to fix.

Had similar issues with a couple pistols.

I keep a set of enamel paint pens in the tool box just in case. The wife's more fond of pink nail polish and that ain't gonna fly on my sights...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
The wife's more fond of pink nail polish and that ain't gonna fly on my sights...
LOL!!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Had similar issues with a couple pistols.

I keep a set of enamel paint pens in the tool box just in case. The wife's more fond of pink nail polish and that ain't gonna fly on my sights...

Enamel Paint Pen is a great idea. Thanks.

No problem.

I've used nail polish before too, but find it easier to apply with a toothpick. Anything with a point makes it easier to dot the sights . That's why I like the paint pens a little better...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
No problem.

I've used nail polish before too, but find it easier to apply with a toothpick. Anything with a point makes it easier to dot the sights . That's why I like the paint pens a little better...

Toothpicks are one of my old favorites, but I found something I like a little better now.

I picked up a set of dental picks from amazon for about $3 for 6 different shapes and I like them a lot better than toothpicks.

And the mirror head one is good for sticking in the reciever and lighting up the bore so you can see through the barrel good.

Ok so I got an older Mossberg pump that has "Country Squire" engraved in the receiver along with a dog and pheasant flushing scene. The gun fires great... no problems there... the gun will eject every shell you pump the gun so the ejector is in good shape. BUTTTTT the problem is when you fire your first shot the only way you can get the next shell up and the spent shell out is to depress the action release button. This can't be the way the gun was made correct? I have taken it down and cleaned it...oiled it.. fired it multiple times.... nothing working... need some help please

That's right,

...and 9 out of 10 dentists recommend it...

should I order a new trigger group or can I replace a certain part on the trigger group to get it back to functioning correctly?

Back