• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Something Going On ?

rjpoog1989 said:
I was at a gun shop this morning ordering my DNZ mount for my 4x4. The owner said he's sold over 30 ARs in the past 2 days. There were at least 50 people in the shop. Everybody's stocking up. Guess it's a good thing I bought my pistol when I did...

Sporting Good Discounters?? I have refused to buy from them because the old man is rude ignorant lack of better word.... But I may continue to shop there from the looks of larger companies selling out...

Only Dick's and Cheaper Than Dirt have caved so far. CTD now has a combined 8000 hate posts on their Facebook page. I think they will be done as a company since not only did they cave but they severely jacked up prices on AR mags and 5.56 ammo. Here's what happened to the only gun manyufacturer that signed on with the Clintons. Gun owners will punish non 2A supporters:

In March 2000 Smith & Wesson was the only major gun manufacturer to sign an agreement with the Clinton Administration.[6] The company agreed to numerous safety and design standards as well as limits on the sale and distribution of its products. Gun clubs and gun rights groups responded to this agreement by initiating large-scale boycotts of Smith & Wesson by refusing to buy their new products and flooding the firearms market with used S&W guns.[6][7][8] After a 40% sales slide,[9] the sales impact from the boycotts led Smith & Wesson to suspend manufacturing at two plants.[10] The success of the boycott led to a Federal Trade Commission antitrust investigation's being initiated under the Clinton administration,[8] targeting gun dealers and gun rights groups, which was subsequently dropped in 2003.[11] This agreement signed by Tomkins PLC ended with the sale of Smith & Wesson to the Saf-T-Hammer Corporation. The new company (Smith and Wesson Holding Corporation), which publicly renounced the agreement, was received positively by the firearms community.

The other one I can think of was Bill Ruger's stance that 10 round mags were big enough. He has been dead for some time and they now make higher cap mags but gun people just don't forget.

I went to 3 different gun shops in the last 2 days, just looking for a certain item, not panicking. Actually now that I think about it I have been making the same rounds on Mondays and Tuesdays for awhile now, It's nice not working during the day sometimes.

Anywho, as y'all can figure its the same story of people buying every semi-automatic rifle in stock. I noticed the same individual come into every shop I went into and buy as many magazines and as many rifles as the store was willing to sell him. I witnessed this guy spend freaking $18,000.

On the bright side, in the off chance that coming legislation doesn't turn out badly. There will be a good used market along with lots of folks trying to make back their investments....

carbinemike said:
Gun owners will punish non 2A supporters...<snip>...gun people just don't forget.

So true. It is in times like this when things get tough that we truely see who does and who does not fully support 2A.

And the heat isn't even that hot yet.

Itsricmo said:
Sporting Good Discounters?? I have refused to buy from them because the old man is rude ignorant lack of better word.... But I may continue to shop there from the looks of larger companies selling out...

I'm not a big fan of Sporting Goods Discounters either. I've always found better prices elsewhere, and now I don't even bother going there... I was actually at Hoovers in Rockwood and SNS also in Rockwood. My friend who is helping me with my glass bedding project lives in Shanksville so that's why I was down that way. Both stores were packed.

SG AMMO.....all zero's. They cant be sold out of everything ! They just arent selling

rjpoog1989 said:
Itsricmo said:

I'm not a big fan of Sporting Goods Discounters either. I've always found better prices elsewhere, and now I don't even bother going there... I was actually at Hoovers in Rockwood and SNS also in Rockwood. My friend who is helping me with my glass bedding project lives in Shanksville so that's why I was down that way. Both stores were packed.

Never heard of either of them :p I am prepared to go to SGD just out of support for Small Business Local Gun Stores haha I can suck up my pride for my rights :D

I've got two unopend Gen 3 Magpul Pmags.... lets start the bidding at $100 (a piece) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait... I can go bigger... anyone want to trade an Smith&Wesson M&P9 for 2 pmags... fair trade I think :D

Well I spoke with an insider at my local Walmart (Ebensburg, PA) and he said that they have no intentions of removing "assault rifle variants" from their shelves. They are actually trying to get more in and mostly DPMS because "..that's what sells..". I personally watched a guy purchase a DPMS Oracle for $612 CASH and 10 bulk pack Federal .223 on a credit card. He already has 2 AR's and is going to resale this one if anything big happens.

I just bought some more Winchester 00 Buck haha. The guy I spoke with did say that the "Inner city Walmarts and Sam's Clubs are removing stock from view but still selling. No order has come down from corporate as of yet." He thinks with Dick's, Academy and CTD, biting the dust that Walmart will hold out until they are given direct orders by Big Brother to cease firearms sales... Good too know that one the most Non-American companies is among the strongest companies holding back from giving in.

I will keep my eyes and ears open for more information.

I finished building my AR about 3 months ago and the guys in my office made fun of me for "rushing" to find a stripped lower but I told them I was predicting some changes in the future and I didn't want to be searching in vein. Well look now... not a single one to find on the websites I've looked at. Of course we might all be in a world of hurt if they completely ban the use of "assault" weapons all together. I guess we'll see... I might have a $1300 pile of AR-15 parts laying around for a while :evil:

Well you were wise, much wiser than I! I had the money at one point to build a basic, budget AR and chose not too.. said "Ahh, I got time to build that, nothing is going to happen soon!"... Bam 8 months or so later here we sit, discussing this! haha

Cheaper then dirt to resume online gun sales after a policy update.

Sales will resume after they "update and improve their process" makes it sound like they were just down for some upgades.

They were hammered and will pay the price for some time for bowing down to the anti's and price gouging quicker and harder than others.

yeah they back peddled big time, they suck...not the only game in town but usually a good selection.

carbinemike said:
Cheaper then dirt to resume online gun sales after a policy update.

Sales will resume after they "update and improve their process" makes it sound like they were just down for some upgades.

They were hammered and will pay the price for some time for bowing down to the anti's and price gouging quicker and harder than others.

Their actions speak louder than words. I've been a customer of theirs for many years but after this I'll be looking other sources.

My buddy told me Cabela's had stopped sales as well but I could not find anything on their site or anywhere else confirming this.

I've not bought anything from CTD since they scalped prices the morning following the '08 election.

What they did recently stopping sales, and $60 rifle magazines, sure didn't do anything to change my view of them. If anything, is even more negative and I never plan to buy anything from them again.

Back