• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

Re: Connecticut School shooting.

Sooooooo...... If things go south for us and there is a proposed .gov allowance that accepts only handguns that hold ten or fewer rounds ~~ does that mean I can retire off the value of my 6-shot .357-Magnum revolvers and my 5-shot .38-Spl snubbies, and my 10-shot GLOCK29 10mm semi-auto pistol and my 1911 with the 7-rd magazines?

It would seem so nitesite.

Looks like the contents of my safe are now worth more than my 401k...

I saw some guy talking about this on the news recently. When he was asked at what value he was considering proposing. He thought for a moment and replied..."That would depend on the gun of course. A .22 caliber rifle for example, maybe $500?" :shock:

I love how the "anti-gun" experts have no clue what they're talking about. Though I don't sell any of my firearms ever, I'd consider unloading a few .22s for $500 each!

Seriously, I love how they are now debating heavily over targeting high capacity magazines. Granted, I don't want to lose the few 30 rounders I have, but as gun owners, do you all see this as even making a tiny dent in the whole scheme of things? I know I can exchange 20 round mags in my AR in the time it takes to fire maybe two rounds. Based on this, (using 20 round mags) if a shooter fires 20 rounds, changes mags and fires 20 more...or (using 30 rounds mags) he fires 30 rounds, changes mags and fires 10 more, the time of rounds per second fired is exactly the same? I'm seriously thinking they really don't even care about the whole situation, but simply want to be known as the politician who "saved America" by eliminating high capacity magazines.

Further, they are targeting assault rifles. We all know that yeah, ARs, AKs and SKSs are pretty intimidating, powerful and accurate rifles. But a couple of .22s in close quarters would be just as effective.

Granted, I am all pro-gun and a NRA member, but I can't help but think (just for the sake of argument) that the gun control fanatics are going about it entirely all wrong. I know if I suddenly "switched sides", I'd be approaching it from an entirely different direction.

The d-bag at Virginia Tech carried out the deadliest single shooter incedent in US history with a backpack full of standard capacity pistol mags, 15 rounders for his Glock 19 and 10 rounders for his Walther P22. He killed 32 people, wounded 23 others, and then offed himself. Aside from his one victim in a dorm on the other side of the campus, all the shootings occurred in about 9 minutes. He fired approximately 175 rounds and had another 200+ loaded up ready to go at the point he chose to end his miserable life when first responders arrived.

To say that limiting all of his mags to only ten round capacity would have made any difference in the outcome is gross stupidity. It is mind numbing to read through all the rhetoric that is being flooded into this debate right now...

carbinemike said:
However, the news has this Blitzkreig Media Explosion that blinds the everyday American

I found this earlier today and couldn't believe what I was reading. It's about the most irresponsible piece of journalism I have ever heard of. The Journal News rag in White Plains, NY has posted the names and addresses of every concealed permit holder in the area. They even have an interactive map. The people that they put at risk is unreal. They want to severely control "irresponsible" gun owners but they treat the 1st Ammendment like a joke. I wonder how their reporters would like people following them home and posting their addresses on the net. Just goes to show you don't need a permit to be a moron.

This is the crap we are up against.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/own-a-gun-we-know-where-you-live/

what a bunch of BS!!! THE JOURNAL NEWS just put many lives at stake. if my name was on that list you can bet your ass that I would be obtaining a lawyer.

This is why I have not applied for my pistol permit while living in NY...my pistols are staying with a friend in Texas...

Trying to understand the rationale of anti gun logic is akin to understanding why people shoot up schools in the first place. It can't be done as the thought process does not follow a logical path to reach its conclusion.

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

MikeD said:
Trying to understand the rationale of anti gun logic is akin to understanding why people shoot up schools in the first place. It can't be done as the thought process does not follow a logical path to reach its conclusion.

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2
Could not have said it better......

Sent from my SGH-I747M

OMG!!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/fury-af ... -new-york/

"New York’s “Journal News” ignited a fierce debate Sunday after publishing the names and addresses of pistol permit holders in two New York counties. They are actively working on acquiring data for a third county.

The article, titled “Map: Where are the gun permits in your neighborhood?,” reads:

The map indicates the addresses of all pistol permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties. Each dot represents an individual permit holder licensed to own a handgun — a pistol or revolver. The data does not include owners of long guns — rifles or shotguns — which can be purchased without a permit. Being included in this map does not mean the individual at a specific location owns a weapon, just that they are licensed to do so.

Data for all permit categories, unrestricted carry, premises, business, employment, target and hunting, is included, but permit information is not available on an individual basis.

To create the map, The Journal News submitted Freedom of Information requests for the names and addresses of all pistol permit holders in Westchester, Rockland and Putnam. By state law, the information is public record.

Putnam is still putting together its records and could not immediately provide any data. The map will be updated when that data is released.
AMI Global Security, which published an article condemning the “massive privacy breach” that is “meant to intimidate the lawful” and “abrogate the Bill of Rights,” collected a few of the first comments:

“If the homeowner is killed or injured, will LOHUD be charged as an accomplice to the crime?”

“It is as if they put out an ad to jewel thieves listing the names and addresses of where to find diamonds and cash.”

“This is CRAZY!! why in the world would you post every licensed gun owner information?? What do you hope to accomplish by doing this? This is the type of thing you do for sex offenders not law abiding gun owners. What next? should I hang a flag outside my house that says I own a gun?”

“Now everyone knows where the LEGAL GUNS are kept, a valuable piece of information for criminals. Why don’t you do something helpful, like trying to find out where the ILLEGAL GUNS are kept? That would be helpful to the non-criminal population”

AMI Global Security also added recent “threats from local government” with regard to guns.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said last week, as the nation still shook from the tragedy at Sandy Hook, that he was considering new gun control measures when it came to “assault” weapons in the state:

“Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

This is not the first time the journal news has published the private information of gun holders. They pulled a similar stunt back in 2006, but that time, they only published names and municipalities– not exact street addresses."

What The F*** ?!!

DHonovich said:
This is why I have not applied for my pistol permit while living in NY...my pistols are staying with a friend in Texas...

You just need to get yourself out of New York!!! I'm pretty sure it's old news, but I remember there being a report that NYC wasn't taking food donations for the Homeless because they didn't have the staff to "verify" the fat and nutritional content of the food being donated... I mean what kind of crap is that? I'd be outraged if I were homeless, give me that high fat content... a man can't stay warm on news papers alone :lol:

But really, I should be able to donate food if I want to without the Gov't telling me it's not nutritional enough for the homeless. I lived in NYC for 2 years... pretty much the worst of my life, and you won't be able to force me to step foot there again.

Yea I spent 1.5 years in Texas and can't wait to go back. Work and family drew me back to NY but its going to be a short stay hopefully...

John A. said:
raven01750 said:
To be told. I don't really want an AR. I truely am one of those guys who uses his guns to hunt.

There is nothing on the north american continent that can't be hunted with the appropriate caliber AR15 upper.

It is available in close to 2 dozen commercial calibers ranging from 17 and 22LR rimfire up to 458 socom and 50 beowulf, which is still smaller than a 12 gauge, but is comparable to 45-70 ballistics that is well suited for elk and moose and even black, brown, grizzly, and polar bears.

So you can keep on telling yourself that you don't want one, or need one is fine. But to say they aren't suited for hunting is total ignorance.

??? John, I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I never said that they aren't suited for hunting. Anything that shoots a projectile with enough velocity and energy is suitable for hunting and so is the AR style of weapon. I just said that I don't really want one. But I did put a very nice Sig Saur P226 X-Five in 9MM on layaway yesterday. It's may not be suitable for hunting big game because the energy of the bullet is not capable of the 800 ft/lbs of energy that is considered the minimum for big game. But like I stated earlier, I did want a nice firearm for dispaching wounded game. And it will fit nicely into my safe as a home defense weapon.

Paul

oli700 said:
800 ft/lbs......is that what 22 long rifles are putting out these days ?

LOL. Touche. I was refering to Big Game hunting Oli. I of course use my 22 or .410 for small game. Relax guys. I'm on your side. :D

But I just got a copy of the link to our CA rep Feinstein's gun bill. Basically, it goes after every kind of weapon but excludes "any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action." Check it out. So. What does all of this mean? It means that the politicians have no clue as to what they are doing...

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/ ... 8ca4359119

And this is what the NRA is saying about the proposed Bill.
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/feder ... -bill.aspx

But of course it would never pass a Supreme court Challenge so I'm not sure what the point really is accept Politics as usual.

Paul

nitesite said:
Sooooooo...... If things go south for us and there is a proposed .gov allowance that accepts only handguns that hold ten or fewer rounds ~~ does that mean I can retire off the value of my 6-shot .357-Magnum revolvers and my 5-shot .38-Spl snubbies, and my 10-shot GLOCK29 10mm semi-auto pistol and my 1911 with the 7-rd magazines?

I really want a .357 revolver, I guess I should get one now!

Back