• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

Re: Connecticut School shooting.

Notice the governments not interfering with price gouging on them?

Price gouging laws typically only apply to "necessary" items and are rarely enforced other than in times of declared state of emergency like during or after natural disasters, and are only enforced at the state level. There are federal antitrust laws in place protecting a retailer's right to set their own price on the items they sell. These laws however are enforced by the US Federal Trade Commission...

(Say it with a southern belle accent for the full effect) Well I do declare, these emergency anti gun fanatics are whipping up a s**t storm of panic in every state.

There...how's that? :D

I was pretty terrified, considering I imagined you saying it in that accent... :?

lol you guys make me laugh! :p and today is a pretty horrible day for me, so thanks! :D

As for the more serious talk, I am glad it shows up in google! so that someone can see how utterly ridiculous these politicians are being! We elect them as leaders and in turn they do STUPID stuff like this! All lies, deceit and more lies! I cannot simply begin to understand why I never ran for office ;p

What I have made out, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, is that through out the yammering of the political left both politicians, media and entertainment is that the right to defend ones self is entirely based off the persons tax bracket, importance (self or otherwise inflated by same left media) and political standing. The "do as I say, not as I do" has come out in such mass forms that its a wonder the public in general hasn't rose up and cried foul. Listen to me as I tell you armed security in your childs school is a horrible idea, but don't pay attention as my children are shuttled to elite private schools with round the clock armed security. Your child may be special to you but not as special as mine.
I'm going to introduce legislation to ban the types of rifles and how many rounds it can hold but pay no mind to the armed federal officers that protect me at every turn with souped up versions of the rifles I'm about to tell you are evil and do nothing but kill people. Since my life, my political standing and social stature make me worth more than the average person in America.
This is basically what I have interpreted from the left since the shooting in Conneticut. That movie stars, media anchors, politicians and "political talk show hosts" are worth more to the world than the average American and their family. They wanted and got universal health care coverage, why are we not afforded universal protection. If they have it, why can't I?

You are pretty much spot on haha That is exactly what is going on. However, the news has this Blitzkreig Media Explosion that blinds the everyday American and they can't see through the bull crap

I highly doubt they will take a shot at the bolt action rifles. (pun intended)
The only "scary" bolt action currently purpose would have a Pistol Grip and Collapsible stock. They are already attacking the AR and AK with their claim of "Assault Rifle" usage. They won't stray from the agenda that is already set in place.

Give it time and I am sure they will broaden their sights too other modern firearms but not right now.

Don't kid yourself bro,

If they're successful banning "assault rifles", then high powered bolt action rifles will soon be classified as deadly "sniper rifles" and banned as well. Wouldn't surprise me if bolt action rifles with detachable box magazines are rolled into the "assault weapons" category from the start. Have no doubt that once a precedent is set, they'll push it as far as they can possibly go...

Itsricmo said:
...Give it time and I am sure they will broaden their sights too other modern firearms but not right now...

I covered my ass from the get-go :lol: I just don't see it RIGHT now... it is sadly non the less a threat that we will be faced with

Yeah, I remember a few years ago a bill that was submitted that talked about sniper rifles.

Didn't matter if it was on an airsoft BB gun. Scopes and bipods were somehow bad. :roll:

Oh, do you remember the heat seeking bullet debacle?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNsCM2WYu7U[/youtube]

What a moron. Thesepeople really should take the time to understand what the heck they're talkin about. Is that too much to ask of politicians? That they use facts and evidence as opposed to sensationalized and hyped events and circumstances?

Oh wait, yeah, they're politicians... pretty much half assed and useless is all we're gonna get.

Is that what that is......I thought it was mayo...
;)

The important thing to remember is that with the Government, especially the current administration, it is less about gun control than it is about populus control. There are people in very high places in the current admin that would love to see guns banned......and confiscated......period. Not just "assault rifles" or "high capacity ammunition" but everything. They want to see the Second Ammendment removed from the Constitution and if they can't do that they want to see a stacked SCOTUS rule on the "militia" context. It's happening guys......not in the near future.....it it happening right now. The bloodsuckers on Capitol Hill see an ever-growing percentage of Americans who lack the ability to survive on their own and put full trust in the politicians to save them from their own stupidity. If Big Brother says all guns are bad and need to be taken away right now a sadly large group of people would have no problem with it......Many of them have no use for a firearm for anything other than HD and since the Government will be taking the criminals guns too (LoL) they won't have a need for one at all in New York or San Fran. So if they don't need one, you don't need one either.....So let them take them all. This is the mentality we will be arguing against in the next few months. I think the Libs smell blood in the water and know that now is not the time to take little steps, it's time to try for the whole shebang......too many sheeple agree.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Don't kid yourself bro,

If they're successful banning "assault rifles", then high powered bolt action rifles will soon be classified as deadly "sniper rifles" and banned as well. Wouldn't surprise me if bolt action rifles with detachable box magazines are rolled into the "assault weapons" category from the start. Have no doubt that once a precedent is set, they'll push it as far as they can possibly go...

Guess glass bedding my .338 was a waste of time since it has a detachable box magazine, it will be banned and confiscated... Wonder if they'll let me keep my scope, as I'm rather attached to it? :roll:

Back