• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Government Statistics relating to weapon deaths and other

Re: Government Statistics relating to weapon deaths and othe

Good post, and good info!

Makes you wonder how firearms, and particularly the black rifle, got singled out to be banned if the stated goal is true and they truly want to reduce deaths and violent crime.

Logical conclusion;
Their stated goal is a lie. That isn't their real goal or intention. At all, other wise they would be lookin for tougher regulations and restrictions on... well, rocks for example! :lol:

Nice post John. Brad, you hit it right on the nose with you post.

Rossignol said:
Good post, and good info!

Makes you wonder how firearms, and particularly the black rifle, got singled out to be banned if the stated goal is true and they truly want to reduce deaths and violent crime.

Logical conclusion;
Their stated goal is a lie. That isn't their real goal or intention. At all, other wise they would be lookin for tougher regulations and restrictions on... well, rocks for example! :lol:

Agreed.

I'm going to use my state data since that directly relates to me.

2011 Murder
150 murders. Of those, 100 were firearm related. Of those 100 firearm murders, 6 were done with a rifle. not necessarily an assault rifle mind you, just designated rifle.

And some states had ZERO rifle murders at all :eek:

And in 2009 (the latest vehicle data that I could find), there were 791 MVA deaths.

So by doing the OFFICIAL math according to their data, I am 5.27 times more likely to be killed in a car wreck than killed in a murder, and 131.8 times more likely to be killed in a car wreck than being killed with a rifle.

Previous years, there were more vehicle deaths, which would've made the firearm death rate much smaller in general, but I used the nearest data that I could find.

I worked with a guy last night that thinks the Gov't is doing all this just to see how far they can get and what they can get away with. Essentially a Reality Check for them to see what they can do and how much pressure it takes till they get control or the result they want. It isn't that they have an exact goal in mind to reach, but in fact anything is possible and they want to see where it goes.

I see that as a good possibility and reason for a lot of this

Me too.

Throw it at the wall and see what sticks mentality.

Well regardless of why they are doing it or what their intentions are, we cannot back down and give in to their ridiculous attack on the Law Abiding Citizens!

You know, I really wanna put a spotlight on this info and use it in letters to reps, its exactly what I've been lookin for, but I can't believe for a second they don't already know it. If we can find it, surely they have it too.

Officials really are distorting information through media to make people think its more of an epidemic, more so than ever before, when clearly through the FBI you can see violent crime is decreasing, even gun violence which in some states is so low it won't even show up as a percentage.

Most of the population will never look for the info on their own and will take the word of appointed mis-information ministers.

We can't let this info remain under a rock and it will be up to us to get it to where the sun can shine on it.

exactly why I put it out there.

Here and other various forums.

Although on other gun forums, is preaching to the choir, but if they forward it and use it, is better to work together for a common cause, instead of all this divide and conquer BS that they've been using for years.

Rossignol said:
We can't let this info remain under a rock and it will be up to us to get it to where the sun can shine on it.

We need some Patriotic Motivational music going on! :D

Our Elected Officials definitely have this information and are choosing to ignore it and it's truth because it doesn't fit their agenda. However, taking it out of context and distorting it fits the bill they need to get something moving and passed. The sheep will believe what is thrown up on the screen after football highlights... I agree we need to spread the word that they are being lied to, Con'd and deceived!

I put a poster up about the Rally at work but may have to take it down because of the newest rally going on mid-week... I wish everyone was on the same page with what date everything was going down... Once well organized it will be hard to mute the voice of the Free People!

John A. said:
Although on other gun forums, is preaching to the choir...

Isn't it awesome how different we here at Mossberg Owners are!

Itsricmo said:
John A. said:
Although on other gun forums, is preaching to the choir...

Isn't it awesome how different we here at Mossberg Owners are!

You may or may not believe this, but in my years, I have been banned from more than 1 forum for speaking up/out.

I'm pretty vocal about defending my rights.

All of them, not just one or two.

My best advice for anyone who doesn't like what i have to say, turn a deaf ear to it, but don't expect me to sit quietly or idly while it happens.

Excellent post John...information like this makes this battle even more frustrating...Thanks for sharing...I will pass this thread along to others as well.

John I have been Muted and Banned.. It is sick what certain individuals in power will do when they disagree with ones free opinion. I love the atmosphere here at Mossberg Owners. I certainly have never spent so much time on one forum haha

The amount of information shared here is also something to speak of! You, yourself, have done an extraordinary job at sharing information and making sure the true facts are gotten out and heard! Certainly admirable! I think just about everything you have shared, I in turn have shared with the guys that I know and care the most! Thanks!! :D

I can't take credit for much.

I don't do it alone.

We're all in this together.

You are a big player when it comes to me sharing information! I can award you a little credit :p lol

^ You could always hit that little green plus sign under his avatar... ;)

Back