• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. I

Question about buckshot vs. shot

Thank you guys, I now know the difference, but it seems hard to find this #4 buckshot.
  2. I

Have you guys found quality 00 buckshot for less than this ?

I have just bought a case of S and B 00 buckshot and have had no issues with this ammo, but is roll crimped and my jm pro and SPX guns will hold one less in the tube, so be aware of that, and SG ammo had a case for 84.00 and $16 to ship, as cheap as I could find at the time...
  3. I

Question about buckshot vs. shot

I have a question I know someone will answer here. Is #4 shot different than #4 buckshot. I just patterned my new jm pro 24 with #4 shot heavy field load at about 15 to 20 yards more like 15, it shot really well with about 8 inch diam. circle. this jm pro is a 24 inch with a mod. choke...
  4. I

New 930 jm pro

Yes , I bought a new 930 jm pro 24inch barrel. I shot 60 rounds of s&b buck and Winchester trap loads all shot good with no issues . About 50 down range the trigger started hitting the set screw, I guess the brand new parts started to loosen up, and I had to back out set screw adjustment, all is...
  5. I

Good question?

Thanks William and I might buy those parts someday for my spx I think a coated mag tube would be very smart as it takes lots of abuse with hot gas ect..
  6. I

Good question?

I just wondered why Mossberg did not use the Nickel Boron parts on the 930SPX as they did on the JM pro. Does anybody know what parts are interchangeable between the two, I would really like the nickel coated stuff on my SPX, I thought the SPX cost more than the Pro, does the mag tube fit the...
  7. I

My 930spx is no ak

Just a further update for you guys, I went to wally mart and got 3 boxes of Winchester 1145 FPS #71/2 shot and fired just two shells in the backyard and both worked well, next week I will try more and let all know, maybe we got it right after all.
  8. I

My 930spx is no ak

yep, on my extractor bottom has slight chamfer, hard to see but it is there, and thank you to William for excellent advice on all this and yes I have cleaned all of that mentioned, everything talked about must come together just right or this gun will jam, I will get some Winchester low brass...
  9. I

My 930spx is no ak

Update cleaned up extractor with fine file, buffed chamber, removed slight burr inside top on receiver were screws for pic rail are located , shot 50 rds of mixed sb buck, and rem game load #6 shot, and it ran .like a swiss watch, i forgot to say i put all stock parts back, mag spring, ext...
  10. I

Forearm on my SPX cracked!

I thought they called them snow machines up there, i am a retired ap mech. And we used kroil and lps all the time, oh, and nice shot gun too.
  11. I

My 930spx is no ak

Thanks all has no side saddle, buffed the chamber, using s b buck and rem field #6 shot and i removed pic rail made sure screws were not hitting barrel shank, no problem there, yesterday i insralled new lifter, moss is sending new lifter spring today sorry i could not respond last...
  12. I

My 930spx is no ak

Yes i really like my glock , and ak, i also have moss 500 but kicks like a mule, hoping i can get 930 going might go back to moss, spent 80 bucks today at vang comp for mag extension,new mag follower, and spring , good people over there, but still have shell binding issue, i will keep trying...
  13. I

My 930spx is no ak

Brand new 930spx and shells bind in chamber, i have tried new lifter, mag spring, follower and lots of cleaning and lube , ofb sending new lifter spring tommorow, never had this much trouble with a gun , dont know what to think at this point, i love my kalash.
  14. I

my new JM 930 is a jam-o-matic

My 930spx does the same thing no happy with it at the moment, might have to go back to mossberg
Back