• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. K

Post Your EDC Blade

Here it is, came in just yesterday. My new EDC blade, a Buck 277 Alpha Hunter. Unfortunately I don't have a camera that will do it justice but I took some on my phone so I could show it to you. This knife exceeds my expectations in almost every way. It's gorgeous; the rosewood handle make it...
  2. K

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

Thanks for taking the time to post that LES! I've been looking at the Yukon Sightmark Holographic Reflex sight actually. I'd kinda glossed right over the Mini Shot you reviewed because of other negative reviews I saw on amazon.com but your review is a good deal more detailed than those. I love...
  3. K

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

I've gotten so much good info off these boards but the comments about the Streamlight TLR-1 just might be the best of them all. Gonna pull the trigger (so to speak) and order mine tomorrow. Being right handed I'll mount it on the starboard rail on the tri-rail forend of my 500 Persuader. By the...
  4. K

Gun sales soar. Gee, ya think?

Unless I'm missing something they are just commenting about Sturm, Ruger suspending taking new orders until May and S&W's surge in business that was a result. I don't see anything there about S&W suspending new orders too.
  5. K

Gun sales soar. Gee, ya think?

I've only dealt with Bud's one time and wasn't happy at all. Part of it was my fault, I used my own FFL dealer, not one of their preferred cuz I was saving a few bucks and mine was closer but that probably had something to do with the over 3 weeks I waited for my firearm. I wasn't at all happy...
  6. K

Post Your EDC Blade

I haven't held either of them and your point is well taken, I no doubt should but I will probably buy one blind on the basis of recommendations. I figure if I don't like the first one I'll stick it in my pack and then buy the other one to carry. There are worse problems than having an extra...
  7. K

CZ

Nope, not yet. I put it on layaway and am busy getting some other stuff too so it'll be a couple months until I have it.
  8. K

Post Your EDC Blade

I ordered a Buck Alpha Hunter folder today, rosewood handle. Pretty pricy for a folding knife IMO but it's my idea of what a pocketknife should be, I'll post a pic when it comes in. I have a question for you guys. We have pretty lenient knife laws in Texas, up to a 5.5" blade is allowed and I'm...
  9. K

Concealed Carry Discussion: Tips and Tricks

Re: Home carry good or bad idea? yeah! that thing is really cool. There is a larger version perfect for that tactical mossy. Too bad both of them are sold out, and they don't show a price for either one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOYRAmdPIdg
  10. K

CZ

wow, that is a real beaut! I can't wait to get mine.
  11. K

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

no avatar yet, gotta find something suitable. My screen name is actually a diminutive form of a screen name I've had for over ten years, KwisatzHaderach, a reference to the science fiction novel "Dune". Folks just found it a lot easier to call me Kwiz or Kwizzer or Kwizzy... anything so they...
  12. K

CZ

yeah, they're awfully pretty. I managed to talk myself out of a .40 so I could get it. I was torn between several different handguns, all .40's: the Glock 22, Smith & Wesson M&P .40, and the Smithfield Armory XD40. While researching those I ran across the CZ 75B and saw that beautiful polished...
  13. K

Cleaning Kit

I recently got a Winchester cleaning kit from Wal-mart for about $15 and while it has all the rods and brushes you'll need, be aware it does have a few patches but contains no solvent or gun oil. You have to buy those separately.
  14. K

CZ

Just put a CZ 75 B, Polished Stainless, on layaway at ImpactGuns.com. $626.99. They came available for less than a day and are already out of stock again, got my order in JUST in time!
  15. K

Cleaning supplies and gunsmithing tools

I hope you'll bear with me while I gather what is no doubt very basic knowledge. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask right? I'm putting together a shopping list of things I'll need to properly maintain and make minor modifications to my new Mossberg 500 Persuader. I bought an...
  16. K

Heat shield for my new mossy

I look forward to reading it! My present thinking is that the first one I'll try is the parkerized factory heat shield, #95066, mostly because it seems like it would be hard to go wrong with the actual Mossberg part. I'm also reading an awful lot of negativity as pertains to ATI accessories. I'm...
  17. K

I just checked out what I suppose is the factory heat shield, at least it is manufactured by Mossberg and not ATI. Mossberg 95065 Heat Shield Kit. It looks simple to install with no gunsmithing required, and I see no reason my particular forearm, or any forearm for that matter, would interfere...
  18. K

Now that I have my Mossy in hand it is time to deck it out properly. One of the first things I want to put on it is a heat shield. It is a 500 Persuader with a FAB Defense PR-MO Tri-Rail forearm, 20" barrel. What heat shield would best fit it? I see one on amazon.com called a Mossberg Heatsheild...
  19. K

Finally!

I live in Texas. And no, I never got any email from them after they confirmed they had received payment and they had put my order in "shipping" status, where it remained for almost a month. I never even got an email saying it had in fact shipped, and neither did the dealer handling my FFL...
  20. K

Finally!

It took them long enough but Bud's finally sent me my Mossberg 500. It is the Mossberg 5003R 12 gauge, 20" 7+1 with Tri-Rail Forearm, model 50575. Paid $334.00 for it at BudsGunShop.com. Other than two 48-shell bandoliers which I got for $21 including shipping from SportsmansGuide.com (for the...
Back