• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.22 Pistols: Pics and Discussion

Re: Let's see your .22 pistols

:shock: Ooooooooohhhh, very nice!

Looks like a fun little shooter...

Re: Let's see your .22 pistols

My new plinker.

walther4.jpg

This thread has not been open for awhile, so here are my two Double Dueces.
Ruger MKIII Hunter with a Bushnell Trophy XLT 2-6x32 scope.
IMG00201-20130125-1549_zps938d13b8.jpg

Smith & Wesson Model 22A with a Burris 3x20 scope, custom slide racker and a new set of target grips.
IMG00200-20130125-1541_zps086906eb.jpg

I have my eye on a couple more as well. Another Ruger MKIII and a Taurus revolver that does both .22 LR and .22 WMR.

Thanks, LES.
The Ruger shoots better than I do. I shot it tonight and ate the center out of the target at 20 yds, slow fire with a rest. It will print slugs touching with no trouble.
Same with the 22A, but it would be better with a longer barrel I feel. Maybe need to try a different load for it. The group size is about 1/3 to 1/2 size bigger.
I am finding out that .22's with scopes are not the easiest thing to shoot. I actually shoot them better with the scopes on low power. I don't see as much movement that way, so I am not pushing them all over the target.

Haha, I hear ya on the scopes.

You definitely become aware of every little movement, breath, and twitch...

I am interested in getting a .22 clone of my m-9. I would rather a clone than a conversion kit. Anyone know anything about the Chiappa m-9 .22? I have found a few reviews, and they were all pluses, except for one negative, but I want more input, anyone have anything on it?

Rkillion said:
I am interested in getting a .22 clone of my m-9. I would rather a clone than a conversion kit. Anyone know anything about the Chiappa m-9 .22? I have found a few reviews, and they were all pluses, except for one negative, but I want more input, anyone have anything on it?

Haven't had any experience with their M9-22, but I have one of their M4-22 uppers on my wife's AR. Shipped with a canted front sight that was an easy fix, but other than that it's functioned flawlessly since day one...

Picked up this little Heritage Arms Rough Rider in .22 LR. Seems pretty nice so far. Hard to pass up for $179. I am going to get a .22 Mag cylinder for it too.

IMG_20130325_104702_497_zps491df46a.jpg

I had to chuckle a bit reading back from the first post in this thread. Lot of talk about how cheap .22lr ammo was back in the good ol' days (1 year ago) :lol: . Now folks are having a hard time finding any at all. :shock: Just thought I'd mention that. :D

Anyway, I've got 2. My new Sig 1911-22, and an old 1st model IJ Sealed 8 that has seen better days. Still goes bang, but no telling where the bullet is going to go. :?

siggrips.jpg

IJ22.jpg

I have been eyeballing a couple different .22 1911's. I can't bring myself to pay what they want for them though. One is the Browning .22 1911 that looks like it's 2/3 scale. Pretty cool.
A buddy has a Chiappa 1911 that he likes really well, but it keeps blowing extractors and springs! One became a projectile that hit a bystander.
Chiappa keeps sending him parts for it, but I think I would get rid of the gun!

Great lookin .22's Gentlemen!

Love the grips on that SIG Gunny.

tcecil88,

Nice RR, and great price. Have to say I'd get rid of that Chiappa too if it were mine...

I love a .22 short. When I was growing up, I used .22 Shorts on squirrells. You could knock one out of a tree, stay quiet, and get his buddy a couple minutes later. :D

Yes Sir.

I love these little Beretta 950's. With the SA trigger they're stoopid accurate out to ten yards or so and the .22 short is a lot of fun to shoot...

A local shop has a used Sig Mosquito priced $250. Semi tempted to get it. What do you guys think of the Mosquito in general? I love that new 1911 I just got but damn .45 isn't cheap at all. .22 is still considerably cheaper when I see it which has been more frequently recently.

Doesn't have to be a Mosquito specifically but I'm thinking of seriously considering a .22 pistol for cheap plinking at the range. Also have looked at the Walther p22, M&P and even some of the 1911 types chambered specifically in .22. Looking back through this thread I see a few of you have some of these. Probably can't go wrong with any of them.

If you were in the market today for one which would you choose?

We have two P22s in the house and they've been great.

The Mosquito is definitely a lot bigger and more substantial in weight. A close friend of mine has had one for years and I don't remember him ever mentioning any issues. I think either would make a great plinker. One thing to consider though is that Mosquito mags are $10-$15 more expensive than P22 mags...

Back