• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

3 horses, pitbull and huskey killed last weekend

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
From our local news, something killed 3 horses a huskey and a pit bull the other night.

State wildlife officials came to the scene to investigate. But offered little help.

Said that if the owners wanted to do an autopsy (or necropsy or whatever they called it) they would have to pay for it.

That's the states way of saying, we're not going to go there.

Here's the short news report (video in link). Watch the video before reading the rest of the page so you can get an idea of where this is going.

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Of...le-for-killing-3-horses-2-dogs-492292041.html

And here's a later statement:
UPDATE: Investigators believe large cat did not kill Monroe County animals

We can say it’s not a cat, and there is no evidence of a coyote,” said Bill Lynch, a wildlife biologist with the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources.

It will be up to the animal owners to decide if they want to pay for necropsies to determine official causes of death for the animals, Lynch said.

“It was not conducive to an animal attack,” he said. “There was not enough disruption to the area.”

In the meantime, the sheriff’s office is asking residents there to closely monitor small children and household pets when they are outside, according to the Facebook post.

http://www.wnky.com/story/39010900/...-large-cat-did-not-kill-monroe-county-animals

So, what does that leave?

Aliens?

Ancient astro-naugt theorists say "Yes".
images

Nah, couldn't be johnny depp
images

or

Probably not him. His agent said he was out of town at the time
images

or

This dude? Dept of Fish and Wildlife said he is wanted for questioning.
images

Unicorns?

Well, I guess it shouldn't just be ruled out without further investigation. They do have that big pointy thing on their head.

images

They have said what it wasn't.
We can say it’s not a cat, and there is no evidence of a coyote

Which really only leaves one other thing that is big enough and strong enough to have done it.

Since it killed 3 horses, a huskey and a pit bull, my #1 guess because of they're reluctance to do or say anything about it:
images

case is closed. DFW have no further comment. I'm sure they're banking on the citizens having short memories :rolleyes:

Well no crime scene pics makes it hard. But my first guess is canine in nature and im sure the guvmnt would disagree and deny existence or possibility. We reported one in very north Alabama on Tenn border years ago may as well have called in an ET sighting totally disregarded our sighting. OK ignorance is bliss.
But make no mistke they aint cute puppys and they aint coyotes they are top of food chain period. So thats my first thought.downloadfile-9.jpg

While this incident above didn't happen in the county that I live in, year before last while I was sitting in my tree stand, I will openly tell you that I heard a wolf start howling not long after the crack of day.

It was way up in the woods (animal preserve) and there is nothing in that direction but forest, but it howled on and off for about 4 minutes then stopped as suddenly as it started. I have not heard it since.

It was not a dog howling. Nor was it a coyote. Way too distinctive.

I would put my hand on the Bible and put my word on what I think it was.

Of course, the state says we don't have any of those either.

OK, the plot thickens.

Looks like there's a lot of disagreement with the DFW.

I'm blocking out the names, but you'll get the jist of it.

gMpE9eR.png

nB221t0.png

rNQvxa6.jpg

Umm the officials either Sheriff or Game wardens are not familiar with what a gunshot wound is ???
Thats BS
Fishy

Yeah, everyone here knew the kinda BS answer the state was going to give, prior to them giving it. I believe the Deputies are more truthful about it.

Another animal found dead within a mile of the 3 horses last weekend. This time, a calf.

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Fo...in-Monroe-County-within-a-week-492783951.html

MONROE COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says another animal was found dead. The animal was in the same area where three others were found dead earlier this month.
Deputies said that a small calf was found dead on a farm less than a mile from where three horses were also discovered last weekend.
Officers said the calf was found with pieces of its hide torn from its body.
They cannot confirm that the animal deaths are related.
Officials are unsure of what caused the deaths.
-----------------------------

With all due respect, they better be figuring it out.

In other news, about a mile from the cabin, there's been a report of a pit bull that was killed yesterday or the night before.

I blocked the name.

big laurel 2.JPG

When I was still living in Nebraska there were big cat sightings in western Iowa and eastern Nebraska from time to time. There are large deer populations there so they aren't really prone to attacking livestock or pets. Every once in a while though it happens. The department of natural resources and the department of fish and game are always called in to investigate. Of course being typical government agencies they take forever. They spend most of their time trying to rule out the not very likely so as not to have to come to the obvious conclusions.

They will do anything to protect their policies whether they are good or bad.

Yeah, officials don't even think we have a bear problem.:idk: They wouldn't admit we had mountain lions even if one were chewing their leg off.

This is total nonsense on the part of our government of the same sort of thing we see in California constantly.

Our government has no responsibility to take care of bears or the future Earth in general, until it has first PROVEN it has taken care of the living human beings standing upon it.

Back