• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

4 more years...

What was the difference in Romney and Obama on gun control again ? Wasn’t there something about Romney banning assault weapons in his state...... "Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

Oli, the only difference there is state law vs federal law. The arguement would be the same for the health care stuff he did. I don't personally agree with any of it and don't feel any of the bans have made a lick of difference to the end product.

Now that said, romney seemed to understand what is done at the state level didn't make it appropriate for federal law.

That was definitly one of the rubs on Romney, that he would say anything and adjust his views as needed to get elected. Guns and healthcare were 2 of the big flip flops. You don't get to run for president for either party by not sticking to the party line. I think that is one of the biggest problems we have in DC. The priority list of a policician seems to be:
1) do we will advance me financially (that money thing again)
2) do what will advance me professionally
3) do what will advance the party
4) do what will buy me votes
5) do we will advance me financially (that money thing again)
6) do what will advance me professionally
7) do what will advance the party
8) do what will buy me votes
1000) do what is right and will help the country even if it's unpopular.

oli700 said:
What was the difference in Romney and Obama on gun control again ?

As you've so aptly pointed out: not much. Romney lost the liberty vote because he agreed with Obama on gun control (in action), NDAA, the PATRIOT Act, drones strikes on American citizens, drone surveillance on American citizens, running guns to al Qaeda in Libya, sending supplies to al Qaeda in Syria, and endless wars. He could have energized the base by going after Obama on half of these issues, but decided to play it safe. If the GOP continues to push moderate/left-leaning candidates, they will continue to lose.

carbinemike said:
That was definitly one of the rubs on Romney, that he would say anything and adjust his views as needed to get elected. Guns and healthcare were 2 of the big flip flops. You don't get to run for president for either party by not sticking to the party line. I think that is one of the biggest problems we have in DC. The priority list of a policician seems to be:
1) do we will advance me financially (that money thing again)
2) do what will advance me professionally
3) do what will advance the party
4) do what will buy me votes
5) do we will advance me financially (that money thing again)
6) do what will advance me professionally
7) do what will advance the party
8) do what will buy me votes
1000) do what is right and will help the country even if it's unpopular.

There *was* a guy running for the GOP nomination who put his country first. Sadly, the GOP marginalized him, ignored his supporters at the convention, and changed the rules to make it harder for others like him to gain support within the party in the future.

Yes Bryan, good point and I liked him too. I'm sorry to hear he is retiring. It's a shame the percentage like him is so small and are being marginalized by the machines.

carbinemike said:
Yes Bryan, good point and I liked him too. I'm sorry to hear he is retiring. It's a shame the percentage like him is so small and are being marginalized by the machines.

It sounds like there are some younger guys coming up in the House that are in the Ron Paul mold. And hopefully his son can make a run in 2016.

carbinemike said:

This is exactly why Romney pissed me off, because he never stuck with what he actually believed. I'm completely against Obama but was a guy like Romney who couldn't even win his own state really the answer? The Republican Party, which I'm a member of, has disappointed me almost a much if not more than the American people.

It's truly sad that we have to vote based on who is the lesser of two evils. I've believed this since I was in high school, but in my life time there will be some kind of civic uprising. Maybe not violent, but I think it's going to get bad enough in the near future that even the most fanatic of liberals are going to say "Hey, even this is a line we don't think should be crossed." Sadly, by that time it will be to late.

It's going to be interesting to see how quick BHO shows his true colors though. There is a lot of speculation and fear mongering going on on both sides of the isle, but there is usually some truth to every lie. Let's just hope it doesn't get as bad as some would lead us to believe.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
It's truly sad that we have to vote based on who is the lesser of two evils.

This is the lie that the two parties have foisted on the American people. The Republican Party was, at one time, not a major party. Other parties, such as the Prohibition Party have been successful in pushing their agenda. The Libertarian Party just received 1% of the vote (a little over a million votes). If people would vote their principles rather than for parties that have lied to them (both Bush and Obama campaigned on peace their first time around), we'd be a lot better off.

Hey, I'm all for voting 3rd party if they have something to offer the American people. The sad truth, though, is that most Americans will never break from the two parties we have in place now because that's what they're fed from the first day of elementary all the way until high school. By the time most people get to voting age the question "Are you a Democrat or Republican?" is ingrained into them. It doesn't help that very few 3rd party groups have the bank rolls that the traditional Democratic and Republican parties have. And the ones that do are just variations of one or the other.

By the time the majority of Americans open their eyes to what is really going on and see that us "radical nut jobs" aren't so far off base, it will be to late. Again, just my two cents. Not trying to lump anyone else here in with my views.

Here comes the tax man:
http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/willis-report/blog/2012/11/15/half-your-paycheck-government-2013

If this is what BHO and Congress does to the middle class they say they are going to protect I'd hate to see what they do to us when they're out to screw us. They could take every penny of every rich person and it wouldn't fix the money problems. It doesn't take a genious to know the middle class is going to get soaked paying for Obamacare and every other give away coming out of DC.

Yeah the tax increases are all bad and everyone is gonna pay up.

Yeah the tax increases are all bad and everyone is gonna pay up.
I could take it better if I actually thought they'd put my money to good use. Under Bush and now Obama the debt has gone from 4 trillion to 16 trillion and I can't think of anything that is better than it was in 2000 when that started.

OBAMA_Desktop_Screenshot_Secret.png

carbinemike said:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...oman-to-obama-we-supported-you-now-support-us

The link includes a video of a council woman in Detroit saying that Obama needs to bail out her city because they voted Obama back into office...nice.

The amount of money that has already been pumped into the city is mind blowing.

The city council has rejected repeated attampts at fixing the leaks but refused to accept anything other than more money.

I don't care how much water you pour into a sieve, it will never be enough unless you plug all the holes, and the "D" had a LOT of holes that need fixing.

I could go on and on about the misappropriation, misuse and flat out stealing of funds but it would take too long.

Most with the resources to do it have already left the city, the remaining are stuck and truely need help and/or just want their entitlements. These are the people that keep voting these idios in.

I probably could have included something similar from our state capitol, Harrisburg. Maybe it's not quite as bad as Detroit but has been teetering around bankruptcy for some time now as a bottomless money pit.

Feel like this is more appropriate here. Growing up in Germany for 15 years I can tell you that many older germans who went through the same experience would agree with her, scary the kind of similarities that pop up... even in the first 10min!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAvMHWhdEUU[/youtube]

Back