• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

5 Star Speedloaders

yz9890

.270 WIN
I've had a couple for almost a year and use them a lot. Drop clean every time. No noticeable wear. Just the right amount of play. A great choice if you're looking for one. http://www.5starfirearms.com/Speed-Loaders/departments/1/
bysede2u.jpg

ahy6uhu3.jpg

y7asahy7.jpg

Nice!

Have you used the aluminum/poly combo speed loaders like the ones from HKS? If so, how do the 5 Star models compare as far as weight and performance?

The J Frames seem to be a little snug between the cylinder release and top of the grip. The round HKS was a little difficult to use quickly. The 5 Star's trimmed body was much easier to get use to. You still need to come in at a bit of an angle but there's enough play to make it easy.

OK, thanks for the info.

I like the idea of all aluminum vs. plastic. Might have to try these out with my 629. Their range blocks look like a great idea for staging multiple reloads at a stationary position. I might have to duplicate those in wood...

As far as weight, I can't really tell a difference between the 2. Please post a pic if you make a sexy staging block.

I don't have a revolver that can use 5 star speed loaders, however everyone I have hear that uses them seems quite pleased with them, I have a couple friends who swear by them.

Back