• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 slide lock release...

I like it, I just hope it doesn't dig into your thumb too bad when you're racking off a bunch of rounds.

Let us know how it works under live fire.

Certainly will. Another option would be to have it sweep up a little to allow more thumb room... or mount the tab to the top of the rail instead... It works for now, although other ideas are still hovering about :)

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Does it get in the way if you are in a position where you must shoot left handed?

Good question, I'll have to look when I get home. It could be made not to, for left handed shooters. Or bring it out a little and forward to be pushed with the index finger...

OK, for my small hands, no it doesn't really impair shooting off handed, however I can easily see anyone else having an issue... next model (if any) will have an up sweep to the arm to accommodate this better. :)

This is exactly what I'm looking to do except I want to actually machine a new action lock lever. All I need to do is match the angle and extend the piece out a bit and machine a small tab -90 degrees to the left.

That look's bitchin' man. Looks like it worked exactly the way you want it to.

Yeah, laser cutting one solid part is still on the table. But prototypes gotta start somewhere :)

And thanks for the input guys!

Custom made a sling mount for the 500 to allow larger HK style fasteners found on most single point slings. I know there are plenty available by other companies but none "really" fit what I wanted or "custom look". Didn't trust the .090" standard size so I went with .125".
7ebu9eru.jpg

And on the 500:
qyzaqady.jpg
qedu7amy.jpg

Still needs paint but 1st run was dead in what I wanted.

I got a couple extras if anyone with an ATI Talon stock is interested... :)

if you can make me one to use with the factory buttstock i would love that.

i just purchased a wood set for one of my m500s and would love to have a single point on there.

if not good looking gun and what do you plan on next?

"Next", although inevitable with me, is always up in the air. I'll have to get measurements from my factory stock and see what I can do...if the one for the ATI fits for the factory stock I'll let you know. Gimme a few days and PM me to remind me if I haven't responded by Tuesday or so. OK?

Swapped pinned forend for a 6 3/4 synthetic corn cob style assembly, adding a TacStar 6 shell side saddle... haven't forgotten about TNJ, just haven't had time to dig out my old stock yet and measure it all up...

Thank you both. I like to customize, but not just by add ons that everyone else can get... similar, but with my own twist. :)

Good stuff man, ive seen people just weld a small horizontal tab, but nothing like that before.
I work at a metal shop and have been wanting to add a tab, but just havent found a spare latch. Keep up the good work.

Didn't even use a spare latch. Just kept the heat to a minimum and had an air line ready for quick heat sink. With the response I'm getting on this slide release, I'm seriously considering making a few...

Back