• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

51st state - North Colorado?

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
The pushback in on in Colorado. From recall efforts son politicians that supported the anti gun laws to now talk of counties seceding and forming another state. It goes beyond the anti gun laws too. It sounds like the rural areas are sick of being dominated by the liberal cities. That sounds familiar.

Eight counties in northeastern Colorado are contemplating forming their own state in the wake of unpopular legislation on energy, agriculture, and gun control.

At a conference last week, county commissioners from Weld, Morgan, Logan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Washington, Yuma, and Kit Carson Counties floated the idea of seceding from Colorado and proposed putting the issue to a vote in November.

Commissioners cited a “collective mass” of recent legislation that has isolated rural areas of the state, including gun-control measures and economic regulation that’s put the northern counties at a disadvantage, according to a local newspaper. Give em' hell North Colorado!

“We really feel in northern and northeastern Colorado that we are ignored – citizens’ concerns are ignored, and we truly feel disenfranchised,” said Sean Conway, the Weld County commissioner. Local leaders assert that the state government has failed to address the region’s underfunded infrastructure and school systems, while the Democratic-controlled legislature has pushed new changes in renewable-energy standards and agricultural regulations that have hurt certain sectors of the economy.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...orados-gun-control-measures-lindsey-grudnicki

Won't happen. California, Oregon, Washington and other states periodically drag this dead horse out and beat it some more. :roll:

Not unlike how the Confederate States of America was formed.

Tired of being taxed without representation and "ruled" by the main population centers at the time.

yeah, it does sound awfully familiar to the current political climate.

Southern Oregon and Northern California has been trying for Jefferson since the early 40’s…..it’s a great message but probably couldn’t succeed in the current times……tax base, resources and things like that that the Feds have their fingers in……nope
It is a great message and lets people where you stand and as a group where you stand ….even as a geographic area where you stand but the reality is the Feds would never allow it.
The only hope for something like that would be a block of states similar to CSA was based……then maybe but things are so much more complicated now then in the times of the Civil War

Still though I am personally proud to be part of a group of people that regularly flip the bird at the White House…..do they indirectly make our lives harder here? yup……is it worth it? yup

I don't expect it to happen but I'm glad people are standing up and saying "we have had enough".

yeah, its like we have talked about before, population centers vs. the rest of us.
Just like they have the numbers for the vote, they have the tax base. Remove yourself from that and you find yourself broke in our current economic structure

Now if California wants to overthrow their gov .... AK, OR, CA , NV, WA , ID and MT, would make a damn cool country.....

I've heard of states wanting to leave the Union (Texas being one of the biggest) but not counties wanting to leave the state. Interesting thought but again, money controls everything. I thought PR was going to be the 51st state but they like the federal $$$ but not the rest of the crap that goes along with it...

ripjack13 said:
I'd immigrate to that awesome country.

If it catches on Ripjack13, LTB45 and OFM can secede from CT!

How about "Mossbergland"...like Maryland except leave out the commies.

Back