• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 action slide tube??

Called Havlin and Mossberg looking for a action slide tube for my Fab defense forend and no luck with either one in stock.... :(
Havlin said I needed a 7 3/4" slide tube for the 590, but the whole forend I have is only 7 7/8",
would the 7 3/4" be the correct one? Seems kinda close fit for it, but I don't know if that is how they are suppose to fit?
Anyone know where I can get a action slide tube for a 590, or have one (or know someome) they wouldn't mind parting with it?

If you can find the long one, that's the way to go.

Did a quick search, Brownells says the short one is in stock, but you would need an extension nut too. I have seen one case where a forend would not fit over the extension nut though.

Sorry I dont have info on where to find one. But the 7 3/4" is the correct slide tube for the 590 series.

I acquired mine last year from Havlin.

Thanks for the info Rossignol and Water Monkey, at least now I know what to get specifically, now all I got to do is find one. Guess I'll have to wait till they are in stock......

I've been on the lookout for the long slide tube assembly as well.

Check out MidwayUSA...

Mossberg Action Slide Tube Assembly 7-3/4"

They're out of stock right now, but expect to be back in stock on 03/31. You can click the "notify me" tab and they'll send you an e-mail when the inventory is available...

Thanks LES, but Mossberg has them for $34.00 for the tube and $12.00 for the tube nut.
Would of ordered but they were having an issue with their CC charge machine and the rep told me it should be up this weekend.
But this seems cheaper than midway if u wanna save a few bucks....

Back