• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

702 .22LR Ammo

jlwhite

.22LR
Obviously there is a shortage and I am trying to find some cheap ammo.

I bought this and it obviously works but it was 4.75 for one box.

1335278411301-678744611.gif

I also found this but was told it wouldn't work.

40gr_minimag.jpg

Or maybe it was this I cant remember exactly.

36gr_chp.jpg

The CCI box was 375 rounds for about $25 but was told it wasn't the right kind of ammo for my rifle.

Does anyone know if either of the CCI Mini Mag .22LR bullets are safe for the 702?

You sure it wasn't the CCI .22 WMR?

.22 WMR (Winchester MAGNUM Rimfire) is about all that's on the shelves around here. The .22 magnum rounds are much longer then .22lr (long rifle) and won't fit your mags or cycle in your rifle.

If the CCI you saw was .22LR, then it will work well in your 702...

I'm 100% positive it was the mini mag 22LR that I posted. I need to go there ASAP and see if they still have some.

Yeah - every gun is different but generally the 702 is NOT a finicky 'eater'. CCI is is very well thought of and is one of my standard starting points when shooting 22LR in rifles or pistols.

Finally scored some 22LR ammo! Good price too!

Walmart Winchester Xpert HV 36 grain lead hollow point 1280 fps. 500 rounds for $20.97 So glad to finally hold some in my hands I bought my allotment of 3 boxes. (that's 4 cents a round!)

I thought this was brand new but just looked online and found posts all the way back to 2009 about it. It's like the 555 copper jacket stuff with out the copper.

I 'll run some through my 722 and see if it likes it.

2 ten round mags, flawless operation. Stuff I read about this ammo had it not running a semi-auto well.

So far the only ammo ive found that i had issues with in this gun (my 715T actually) is the Remington vipers. They have a slightly flat point i guess for better killing power for snakes? Well that flat blunt tip was just enough to cause feeding issues.

The hallow points and regular target points are what this gun eats best. I didnt try the vipers in may of my other guns but it makes sence they would all have issues with the blunt tip in an auto loader.

These would probablly work fine in a bolt action though.

The biggest problem I've had with ammo is Federal bulk. 36 gr copper plated hp gave me jam after jam yesterday in the 702. Was completely shocked that the Aguila 30 gr copper plated hp ran GREAT in the gun! In fact it ran great in my M&P 22 pistol as well.

Back