• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

702 thumbhole stock

911JB

A customer traded in a 702 yesterday and I just had to bring it home. This one is wearing a factory thumbhole stock with a folding foregrip. Does anyone know how long mossberg has ben putting these out wearing this stock? I have a couple 702's but they both have the original style stock.

JB

Not sure how long it was in production, but if Im not mistaken this stock is now discontinued...

Thanks for the info/link old mossy. I just looked at it and noticed there were several different stocks out. I did not know they did a 702 in wood or camo either.

JB

The 702s that you NEVER see. I thought that was still on the site - wonder how long the order takes - hehe! :D

Nice find! I'd have done the same thing.

911JB said:
A customer traded in a 702 yesterday and I just had to bring it home. This one is wearing a factory thumbhole stock with a folding foregrip. Does anyone know how long mossberg has ben putting these out wearing this stock? I have a couple 702's but they both have the original style stock.

JB

Just bought (last week) a Mossberg 835 "Turkey" with the thumb hole stock. Front and rear fiber optic sights. I thought it was kind of "cool" until I tried to break some clays. didn't do well. It felt good in the store and I shot like crap on the range. I probably tightened up my grip. I popped the rear sight off, and shot better, but the hole in the stock still isn't comfortable for me. I've got a standard stock ordered'

Hopefully Mossberg ships parts faster than they answer their phone.

mingaa said:
The 702s that you NEVER see. I thought that was still on the site - wonder how long the order takes - hehe! :D

Nice find! I'd have done the same thing.

i wish mossberg would put out a catalog with everything they had and sold. instead of hunting for a lot of product.

joe74 said:
911JB said:

JB

Just bought (last week) a Mossberg 835 "Turkey" with the thumb hole stock. Front and rear fiber optic sights. I thought it was kind of "cool" until I tried to break some clays. didn't do well. It felt good in the store and I shot like crap on the range. I probably tightened up my grip. I popped the rear sight off, and shot better, but the hole in the stock still isn't comfortable for me. I've got a standard stock ordered'

Hopefully Mossberg ships parts faster than they answer their phone.

I've shot several thumbhole stocks and shot well with everyone. However everyone I have shot has ben a rimfire. Now on the other hand I also shoot a AR , AK and a hipoint 995 all of those have pistolgrips and I also shoot them well. For me the thumbhole or pistol grips are a non issue.

JB

Re: thumbhole stock

ordered a standard stock for the 835 (replacing the thumb hole), Stock will be here today. Tomorrow will be the day I discover whether it's the shooter or the gun.....more than likely the shooter..

Funny thing about Mossberg phone....I ordered the stock on 4-6-13...I finally decided to wait out the delay on 4-15- 13 (45 minutes, headset on playing solitare) Guy comes on and I ask about status of order xcxxxxx. He says, "since you have been so patient waiting 5 weeks ???? I will bump your order up to ship sooner".. It went out the same day.

I've been looking for a thumbhole stock to replace the 715T carry handle tactical one. If anyone knows of such a thing let me know.

Rootbrain

Back