• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715t noise suppression

Spongey

Copper BB
I live in an area where noise is a concern while target shooting.Is there a legal way to silence my 715t either fabricated or can I purchase ?

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 921(24)

The terms “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

Only legal way, assuming it is legal for you to own in your state, is to purchase a legally manufactured suppressor, fill out and send in an NFA form 4, and pay the $200 fee for the tax stamp. After a 6-8 month wait when you get your tax stamp back you can take your suppressor home and quietly plink away.

Any other course of action is ill advised as you will be risking a felony conviction...

Some states allow silencers, others do not.

So, the short answer is it depends on which state you live in.

Same if you live outside of the USA too,

Yes u can shoot quieter with out a suppressor .......go buy some remmington subsonics ......they shoot great out of my 715t flattop and they r quieter than my 1500 fps pellet rifle which cracks like a cci 22lr mini mag.......I mainly shoot rats and rodents so noise is important I can shoot 2-3 rats before they r on to me.....the remy subsonics r so quiet I can here the rd hit its target every time

you must have very good ears

Back