• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Airsoft / BB Guns

bsipes30

.270 WIN
Well i traded a kid a set of old golf clubs(we had them priced for 40 bucks in our garage sale) that had been collecting dust for a thompson bb gun. I don't really know much about it other than i would love to have a real thompson. I'm sure he got a better deal than me but i was happy and the kids were super excited to have a bb gun to shoot. Here are a few pictures!

I would like another bb gun for my daughter maybe a pink ar or something like that.

Lets see your bb guns!

Here is tosha shooting the Thompson bb gun
232323232%7Ffp537%3A8%3Enu%3D8%3B%3A2%3E%3A55%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D3892%3A2%3B84432%3Anu0mrj

the gun was a little heavy so i helped them hold it. the length of pull was a little long for them
My daughter
232323232%7Ffp5386%3B%3Enu%3D8%3B%3A2%3E%3A55%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D3892%3A2%3B8%3B932%3Anu0mrj

My son
232323232%7Ffp53877%3Enu%3D8%3B%3A2%3E%3A55%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D3892%3A2%3B89432%3Anu0mrj

I have always called them bb guns but maybe they are called airsoft... this thing doesn't take regular bb's i don't think. I remember bb's being smaller. This one takes 6mm plastic bb's. I bought a small box at walmart. Just need to make a little bullet trap. Will cardboard hold up to these things to catch the bb's for reuse or do i need something a little more sturdy?

Re: BB Guns

To answer your questions, yes it's airsoft, and depending on how strong the gun is, a cardboard box will probably make a fine bullet trap for it.

PS, I had an old Thompson A1 made by AutoOrdnance, years before they sold out to the moons'. I think mine was a 1960 something version and was built like a tank.

I have kicked myself a hundred times for selling it.

I did it for good reason, but still regret it. Now more than I did then.

Re: BB Guns

Hey guys,

I know these aren't "technically" firearms, but I think this thread deserves to be in the "Other Weapons" section. Aside from being a ton of fun to shoot, airsoft guns can be great training tools for teaching firearm safety to beginners.

Beat me to it SNIPER...

Congrats on the Airsoft...and on the choice of a fine replica of a vintage firearm !

AUTOORDNANCE-3.jpg

Thanks for the move. I was thinking that also but didn't know. The kids are pretty excited about learning more about firearm saftey.

I agree that they absolutely can be used to teach safety and the fundementals of shooting.

They can also be a tool as they are deadly (in some cases) to small game and deserve as much respect handling as any other firearm. Too often (i also make the mistake) of viewing them as something less, or even as a toy. It was no joke though when Allison killed a rabbit with a .17 cal pellet gun last year. Only wish she had told me first what she was doin and I got on her for #1 not askin or lettin me know what she was doin, and #2 for shooting and killin an animal without a plan to use it.

Point is, they are dangerous if used as toys and not handled with care and respect, as is the case with any firearm, but with care can be a valuable tool and a great way to start familiarization of firearms handling.

Good thread!

8yga4a2a.jpg
Airsoft is a big craze here in Ireland, got my step son a couple, Beretta m9,Taurus pt24/7,and a spas pump action, fun for all the family.. 'When I'm not blasting my Spanish side x side' This is photo of my stepson with a spas pump action.

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back