• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another vetrans arrest story

With Memorial day here and thinking of the service men and women that have put themselves in harms way for us to have the freedoms we (at this point still...) have, it bothers me deeply that this kind of thing is happening.

The Washingtion Times: MILLER: Iraq vet brutalized over guns in D.C.

My first thought is it is truly a problem that spun out of control in a direction that it never should have. Whomever the "hotline" operator was, should have been fired and made accountable for causing this.

The second is that Miller did also do wrong by now wanting to "deal" with having to register his firearms where he chose to live until he felt that the laws laxed some to his liking. I am not waving my finger at him with a shameful look in my eye, but of all people, he should have known what he was inviting should a problem arrise.

The overall feeling I have with this story is that this is just the kind of thing the second and fourth amendments are supposed to protect us against.

Article [II]
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Article [IV]
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The arguement is that the search and seizure was due to probable cause because an operators over-active imagination. However, I think the hotline should be held accountible for damages on this one. This man was reaching out to the system he served asking for some help and instead was treated like a criminal. I am shameful of what we have become.

I am shameful of what we have become.

that is not what WE have become. it is what a certain small number want the rest to become. I've seen a certain quote of Eric Holder about "brainwashing" Americans on how they think about guns. ill try to find a link.

He went to jail, spent 2 weeks, was released and has been dealing with the case for the last 2 years. All charges were dropped recently.

Sorry; I was talking about Eric Holder.

DC is pathetic...our Founding Fathers must be rolling in their graves.

I do like Emily's writing and her defense of the 2nd amendment. She also took on the draconian regulations citizens of DC still had to go through even after the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd amendment was a personal right.

Back