• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Antiwalk trigger housing pin

Gunner

.270 WIN
I can see where one might be useful yet I've never had a problem with the trigger housing pin walking out during firing or at any other time for that matter. I bought one and haven't put it on anything yet...I'm thinking about it tho... :lol:

I have never had a trigger pin walk either.
Seems to me that this is just one of those things they sell with no real need for them.
Just makes take down more difficult.

The only time I've used antiwalk pins were on an AR15.

I have had them walk before.

But never a pin on a mossy.

What prompted me to post was that, I've seen the antiwalk pins on You Tube segments and such...They are not expensive so I thew one in on a parts order.

I wanted take a look at one up close. I agree, it would add a step to the takedown process, and the opportunity to loose a screw or two. I can see where if a trigger housing pin clip failed it would be useful, though I'd probably just replace the pin clip.

The rear sight pin on Ruger revolvers is the pin walking situation that I encounter most frequently. I was out earlier theis weekend an put a couple hundred rounds through a Super Black hawk and on three occasions had to push the rear sight pin back in. I'll bend the pin and that usually solves that problem. Thats the actual repair...lol

Back to the Mossberg anti walk pin...could it be useful for mounting a side saddle ammo carrier? I don't know...Seems a bit like overkill...

Back