• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Any electricians here? Please advise.

yep, that is a 240 panel like Norm says. If you are getting two breakers acting up in a row (vertically) I would suggest its a neural/ground issue. The slots are staggered as they go from top to bottom. That is, one will take the hot from one of the leads and the next one in line will take the other. Because you have two that are not working in a row but others are fine suggest that its not the hot wires. Make sure to check the ends at the main box in the house as well. specially look at the neutral wire.

(NOTE: edited because I just saw the neutral wire coming in and didn't see it before...)

I will note that you have GE breakers and Square D breakers in there! I do not think they are compatible!

UPDATE: did a search of the panel number and that is a GE panel as is the main breaker so that was also a clue. You should NOT be using Square D breakers in there. I could be wrong, but if you pull one each of both breakers and look at the back/bottom, you will see that they are different.

PS: If the breakers are the same (I doubt it), you could pull all of them and check voltages at the buses. That panel looks to be in good condition--I've seen a lot worse that still functioned perfectly. After turning off the breaker, I would try loosening then re-tightening the screws clamping the various wires both black, white and ground. Going in and going out. It would be prudent to turn off power to the barn and recheck the wires going in.

Last edited:
An AA battery can kill you under the correct conditions.

I think as little as 10 milliamps can stop/start your heart.

Wow, lots of interesting info to investigate, I won't be able to do much before Thursday I don't think.

The SquareD I just put in there. I had no idea there could be a compatibility issue. It works for what it's worth but when I had it a few slots down it did not. I current have two light switches run to it and have removed a couple other wire and non functioning breakers.

In reality, I don't have much ill ever run from here. I may eventually have an air compressor but that's a ways off. Otherwise it will be lights and a handful of outlets, never more than a couple things running at a time. But it won't be a circular saw, hair dryer, microwave, and space heaters all at once.

Thanks for all the info and advice!

Back