• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Assembled/Complete AR's

Yeah... I know it isnt a ton of ammo, especially the way Ally shoots. I'll have to slow her down a little! I'll have the 180 plus a few for the short term...

I havent decided on a sling. Goin back and forth between a single point and 3 point with a quick adjust so I can slide it back and carry like a single point. There are a few I really like. I also have my 1907 for now, so I'm not sweatin it, and if need be I have a single point I can try out on it and see if that works for me. If I'm gonna hunt with it, I'll likely wanna get it up out of the way and across my back while I'm moving around. The 1907 can also be used to help stabalize the gun in the absence of a bi-pod so that may be the ticket!

I have seen those Oracles going for as little as 549.00 around Christmas time. I'd like to see one in person. Sounds like a good deal.
Here's a recent picture of mine. I added a quad rail, Barska red dot, and painted the "fire" and "safe" engravings.
imag0590.jpg

Will

I'm sure some of you have noticed my signature change "Colt LE6920 (Coming soon!)". After planning out what we wanted to accomplish with our tax return this year we had some extra money for me to finally pick up an AR-15. Assuming we actually get our return when we're supposed to and someone hasn't swiped it before then, I'll be picking up this guy right here:

pix462175007.jpg

If someone does swipe it or there is a delay in our return I guess I'll have to continue my search, but the way everything is looking right now I should have this bad boy in my hands by the end of the month!

Man, thats sweet! If thats what you want, and it disappears before you can get it, theres always a way to get another!

I'm waitin on mine too, so keep us posted on this! :D

Is that $24.99 the total for the magazines and holder? Not a bad score bro!

I have a few of the GI magazines myself but havent had occassion to use them... as I'm still waiting for my rifle! :lol:

Yeah - they tag on 10-12 dollars for S&H but still - a Kydex pouch can go for that alone. I'm sending my final payment on the DPMS Sportical to Buds ($600 shipped) tomorrow - would have been today BUT, Der! Holiday. I have a USPS right by work and found a GREAT parking space and walked up to TRY and open the door...

I'm going to pick one up based on Brownells rep alone. Just wondered if anyone had actually used the mags before.

JohnA on here had begun a thread on the different types of followers used in magazines, I know he has used the GI magazines quite a bit, and I'm certain others on here...

He likes them with the Magpul anti-tilt followers.

I'll run some searches and do my research. Plastic or metal are both okay with me if they function well!

Rossignol, If you start a magazine thread, I'll add pics of the various magazines that I have in there if that's what you're thinking.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Rossignol said:
So a .223/5.56 thread may not be realistic

Why not?
I believe he is referring to the idea he had of starting a .223/5.56 Ammo thread. As John A. mentioned, we could but there is so much to be covered that it'd be easier to refer to research already posted on other forums such as ARFcom.

John, that would be great for us new to the AR-15 platform. I know I'd benefit from some of your insight into this area. I've been researching various mags for a few days now and there is so much info around the net that can be misleading.

I get it man, but I don't see the harm in compiling info here on our site. Afterall, we've got an ammunition sub-forum and numerous threads dedicated to any kind of shotshell you can think of. We've even got a 9mm thread now.

Once the Mossberg MMR hits shelves, we're bound to pick up a lot more members interested in the caliber. Might as well have some info waiting for them when they show up rather than referring them to another forum. I think the mag thread is a great idea too...

1 x DPMS Panther Sportical .223 6 Pos. Stock
Shipping to Missouri:
1 Gun (Insured - (full refund/replace for items lost/damaged in shipping)):$6.00Total: $606.00

Your order has been updated to the following status.
New status: Shipping

GUN-DPRFLPWCP-2.gif

Saw it for $600 and jumped. Next day it was VIP offer only. Yesterday it was gone from the sight. Buds had 15 of them - boom, gone. Happy to have one! :D

VERY NICE and CONGRATS!

Keep us updated and post up some pics and a range report when it arrives...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back