• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
After finding my a@$$ I decided to get off it and finish my sweet little girls AR.
I ordered the pink furniture from PSA, But they sent me a mid-length hand guard, I have already fired off an email to see about getting a Carbine hand guard, Which is shown in their pic, I also ordered two of their pink teflon coated magazines.

7889596556_7586ee2d80_b.jpg

I will see about getting some better pic's up later.

Nice Vit. Hope they get the hand guard straightened out for you.

I thought I had mine finally finished but I'll be d@mn if I didn't order an Eotech this evening. Here's the 'I thought I was done with it ' picture.

DSC00808.jpg

Crimson Trace Rail Master

Due to the fact that I have diminished vision in my right eye and shoot tactical matches that require me to transition from one side to the other, I decided to buy a red laser. Boy is this thing bright and very small! I'll be trying out my camera mount too, so hopefully I'll have some video up this weekend.

2012-08-31_15-31-18_993.jpg

2012-08-30_23-25-33_903.jpg

2012-08-30_23-26-46_419.jpg

2012-08-30_23-26-04_403.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX

Here are the match videos from today's competition. Everything worked well, including the camera mount. During stage two it started to rain. Also as part of stage two, you had to submerge your hands into a cooler full of ice water for 30 seconds before the buzzer went off! The malfunction I had during stage three was induced by the range officer as part of the stage.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H87BzcRMYXE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfSFpi20LF0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocnDKcK84Go[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k35QJzG3_mo[/youtube]

Kodiak!!! Nice work my friend! That camera mount is SOLID!

That is among the coolest comp video I've seen, especially the shoot house!

AR 15 barrel or new rifle

Hello all. A little bit ago I noticed, when looking down the bore from the muzzle (separated the lower and upper), There appears to be a pit in the bore about 1/4 of inch in front of the gas port (toward the muzzle). Not really sure how it got there as I am super anal about cleaning my guns after all shooting sessions. It is a chrome lined bore. I have tried cleaning but it stays there. I have let it soak with solvent and went at it with a bronze brush....nothing. I have cleaned this barrel so much that I don't think it has ever been this clean. Patches even after a bronze brush are clean. It is very small about half the size of the gas port from what I can see. Looks like it is on one of the lands. It is annoying the hell out of me. I can't really see a significant loss in accuracy out to 100 yards. I haven't had it out past that since I noticed it. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get a good chromed lined barrel with pinned low pro gas blocks. I know Daniel Defense sells them but at 300+ it is high for a barrel. After adding a new bolt and shipping, I would be at or around 400 +/-. Which then leads me to my next possible solution. If I traded my M&P 15 I could then spend about 400-500 extra and get a Colt 6920 or DD m4. It wouldn't have all the upgrades on my M&P but i could get it there over time. So what say you all? Leave, new barrel, or new rifle.

Re: AR 15 barrel or new rifle

You usually won't see a big accuracy drop unless the chamber, (or just forward of it is damaged--throat erosion) or if the muzzle/crown is damaged.

A tiny dark spot midway down the barrel usually doesn't affect accuracy too much.

But I don't know what would cause it either.

I wouldn't spend $400+ on a new barrel. You could almost buy a Palmetto State Armory upper with 1:7 twist rate and double chrome lined FN barrel for not much more than that complete.

I don't see the need/purpose to buy a whole new AR either. Especially a $1000+ base model AR no matter whose name is engraved on the side of it.

Just my humble 2 cents.

I'd have to agree with Mr.A here.

Don't really see the need to replace anything if it's not degrading the rifle's performance. If anything, you could try contacting S&W directly to see if they'll replace the barrel for you...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Don't really see the need to replace anything if it's not degrading the rifle's performance. If anything, you could try contacting S&W directly to see if they'll replace the barrel for you...
Exactly! S&W has a lifetime warranty!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

+1

Sent from my G19 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the advice fellas. I contacted SW about it and since I removed the gas block for a low pro and put a midlength rail they said warranty is voided :-(

I built a couple ARs over the past couple years and don't mind swapping barrels but I guess I will just leave it if it is shooting fine. The barrels has several thousands down it and when it wears out I will switch barrels then. Anyone recommend somewhere to get good barrels for a decent buy. I just want chrome lined bore and chamber and pinned gas block. Even if it is a front sight base I can cut ir down to fit.

BTW I appreciate the quick feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back