• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished my Sig M400 (I think). I installed a Sightmark Ultrashot QD red dot sight and a Sightmark 3X Magnifier. I really like them both so far. The red dot has 4 reticle settings with 5 brightness settings. The 3X magnifier is also QD and slides over and locks down out of the way when not in use. I got both for less than $200 out the door. I also installed a Streamlight TLR-1 HP weapon light. Needless to say, I need to hit the range!
IMG00104-20121019-1020.jpg

IMG00103-20121019-1020.jpg

Vit!!! I think its lookin great and the paracord sling is perfect!

Cecil, I need to know where you got that sightmark setup! The rifle looks sweet!

I haven't even fired mine in awhile. I still want some sort of SAP on the drivers side of the handguard and a better sight setup... after that, the obligatory more magazines, more ammo.

Hey, what do you all think about ATI's new Omni Polymer Lower Receiver?? It's $50 stripped and they say that it accepts all AR variant parts except the trigger guard.

I think it is neat, but I see A LOT of posts worried about cracking or fractures.

Quite a few companies make polymer lowers including;
Smith & Wesson and Bushmaster.

I've not yet heard of any failures despite having shared the same concern.

If you really want to build an AR a little at a time to keep costs down and are hesitant to purchase a polymer lower, checkout Palmetto State Armory.

I have checked them out before, never got too in depth with it. I did have a DPMS lower and Del-ton upper, was only going to be like $550, not too bad I figured, but everything was on Back-order for like 7 months.

I am not really hesitant on buying the Polymer, CTD has it for $35!! I just wanted to see what everyone else thought. I would like to build a 22LR but it is almost just as cheap to make a .223/5.56, and the lower is rated up to a .410 bore.

I think I will keep my eyes on CTD and when there is one in stock I will spring on it and go from there. I am all for trying to new things

Aero Precision makes a decent lower and you can find them at reasonable prices.

I picked up two in a group buy a couple years ago for $65 each.

Brownells has them for $85.

Getting more expensive.. wrong direction ;) I just hope this isn't a "You get what you pay for" scenario again haha I know i am going to jump on it at $35 + S/H

Who else makes the polymer receiver? There is another I read about, but I cannot find the post anymore

Here is a complete lower for $100 (not bad)
http://www.lw15.com/index.php

Aero Precision are rumored to manufacture lowers for several different companies. Off the top of my head

Palmetto State Armory
Spikes Tactical
Surplus Ammo and Arms

I picked up a Surplus Ammo and Arms lower about 1-1/2 to 2 years ago that I used for my 6.8 hunting build.

It's as good of quality as any other forged lower out there.

headhuntercamo010.jpg

headhunter004.jpg

As for polymer only, there are New Frontier Armory (NFA) recently I saw an import American Tactical Imports, Bushmaster, Plum Crazy (which I think changed their name to something else a while back).

I can never find a Aim Surplus lower in stock! I would love to build off one of those or a Spikes, gladly would spend the extra, but they never have them in stock when I have the cash!

The rig looks incredible tcecil88!

I've got that same SightMark FTS mount on my SCAR. It's a great little unit and has been goin strong for the past couple years...

Itsricmo said:
Who else makes the polymer receiver? There is another I read about, but I cannot find the post anymore

It was probably Plum Crazy that you're remembering. They were recently bought out and now sell their poly lowers under New Frontier Armory...

Ohh! I linked them above! That could be who it was. I am keeping it an option for a tight budget AR Platformed rifle. No time soon but if I see that one in stock on CTD.. ITS MINE

Rossignol said:
Cecil, I need to know where you got that sightmark setup! The rifle looks sweet!

I got it at Dunham's, They are on clearance. $79.99 for the Red-dot and $99.99 for the magnifier. I don't know if you have a Dunham's near you, but you might be able to go online. Ebay has them as well for close to the same price. Mine was old enough that the batteries were dead when I took it out of the package.

Itsricmo, the batteries were still in the package and looked new, I just figured they were old.
Rossignol, your welcome, anytime.
Thanks for the compliments on the rifle.

Rossignol said:
Ill have to look them up online, thanks Cecil!

Sign up on the web site and you will get a 20% off coupon (not good for ammo :( ). I keep getting more of them than I can use.

Itsricmo said:
Wait, if I go online and sign up I can get those 20% off coupons regularly??

Yes, they will send them via email. I also get then at the store when I cash out. I'm pretty sure some some of them can be used online.

Edit: not sure if you can use them on items already on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back