• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 Builders?

No skinny jeans, must have something camo at all times , wear boots 51% of your life, drive a pickup, ride a hose and an ACE LTD HAMMER on their AR
I think the horse should be optional.. Some of us don't have these luxuries lol

No skinny jeans, must have something camo at all times , wear boots 51% of your life, drive a pickup, ride a hose and an ACE LTD HAMMER on their AR

um...OK......
door_zpsba5013ae.gif

Sadly I have heard many people say I'm bugging out in the country.

Well, most people that live out in the country do so for a reason. They don't like company intruding on them, and they don't like stupid city folk. So while the city folk think they've got it all figured out, these mountain folk may just surprise them too.

And they're a lot more territorial than a junk yard dog.

I've also been told that flat-landers also taste like chicken.

Oops. Did I say that out loud?

All jokes aside, they're easy to spot.

Look for the ones that appear on the verge of a coronary carrying about 3 times as much stuff as they really need wandering around looking for moss on the sides of tree's and putting their ear to the ground trying to find the nearest highway.

It won't be hard.

And a special message to the city folk who plan to come here to "escape".

Just because you camped out with your boy troop when you were in grade school one weekend, does NOT make you an expert on the subject. You'll die out there cold and lost and alone with no help from anyone but yourself. Not a threat. Just fact that most people really do not know how to survive long term. That's precisely why so many people are "lost" every year in these parks and are never seen or heard from again. It happens all the time.

http://prepforshtf.com/preppers-okay-made-bug-retreat-now/#.VNS30FZCKcM

https://www.google.com/search?q=out in teh country&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGHP_enUS609&gws_rd=ssl#safe=active&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&q=bug out in the country

You guys in the country will be pretty safe, once the grid collapses, most from the city will be able to find their way out of their own house without a cell phone and GPS.

Infact proabably 50-80% of people aged 30 and under will die the first week of starvation and dehydration because they will be too busy trying to figure out how to tweet how dire their situation is to actually do something about it. LOL

Yeah horse, they gave me this iPad for work and the auto correct thing makes me look like a worse speller than I really am, and I suck as it is

There are city brothers that have a spot reserved .....hell I live in the burbs, but there is not one stop light between me and the 1.2 million acres I call home and there is a particular 70 acre chunk that will be a real hard spot to occupy

70 acres is somewhat on the small side of what will probably be needed.

I've almost got all the pieces parts so my granddaughter and I can build a couple of basic lowers. It'll be a first for me, but it looks really simple.

Can someone turn me onto an inexpensive but decent complete upper? I have no clue which brands are good and which ones to stay away from.

I've almost got all the pieces parts so my granddaughter and I can build a couple of basic lowers. It'll be a first for me, but it looks really simple.

Can someone turn me onto an inexpensive but decent complete upper? I have no clue which brands are good and which ones to stay away from.
Palmetto State Armory has their Freedom upper for sale $189.. that doesn't include the BCG or Charging handle but if you're patient they have both on sale for dirt cheap. I got a BCG (complete) for $45 not that long ago. Charging handles can regularly be had for $20 and sometimes less. They have a few other uppers for sale with different configs but the freedom upper is pretty awesome for all the more it is

As for the lowers... the first time you throw down all those springs, retainers and goofy shaped steel parts, it's daunting. Watch a few YouTube videos, familiarize yourself with the parts, names and locations... after that it's super simple. I can't stress how important having the proper tools is. I tried a red neck Jimmy job......... I ended up spending more than it would have cost to just do it right from the start

I've built off PSA stuff a few times and their "PSA" and "Freedom" branded uppers are usually good to go. There have been multiple reported QC issues with their "PTAC" branded stuff though, some even posted here on our forum. They are a good resource for inexpensive quality parts, but they're hit or miss on shipping and customer service though...

I've built off PSA stuff a few times and their "PSA" and "Freedom" branded uppers are usually good to go. There have been multiple reported QC issues with their "PTAC" branded stuff though, some even posted here on our forum. They are a good resource for inexpensive quality parts, but they're hit or miss on shipping and customer service though...
I got a PTAC Moe LPK/Build. I have no complaints thus far. Buddy of mine has a few hundred rounds through his PSA upper and has only ammo complaints cause he is a cheap ass... :) haha

Edit: I also bought a PTAC M4 Barrel that is rumored to be made by FN... I've no experience with it yet

PTack ( Practical Tactical ) is hit and miss too....more miss in my exp. Kid got a lower part kit that was the worst crap trigger ever.
I didn't know triggers on ARs got so bad.
If you really mucled up on it you could get the hammer to fall on safe. It felt like crap shooting and we were looking at it, started pulling on the trigger while on safe and noticed the hammer would cam over quote a bit so I just pulled on it as hard as I could and the hammer fell
johns upper was a pain but I think gas hole size issues is something that happens with a lot of budget minded barrels, seems they are usually over gassed though

I got a PTAC Moe LPK/Build. I have no complaints thus far. Buddy of mine has a few hundred rounds through his PSA upper and has only ammo complaints cause he is a cheap ass... :) haha

Edit: I also bought a PTAC M4 Barrel that is rumored to be made by FN... I've no experience with it yet
Those FN barrels are never marked Ptack, the CHF CMV marked barrels are FN

Those FN barrels are never marked Ptack, the CHF CMV marked barrels are FN
I'll double check but I believe the CMV is what I got.. probably not but hopefully haha. I have time yo upgrade as my skills require... :)

Almost got an AR Optics BTR from Bushnell tonight. 1-4x with that sweet reticle but decide to shop around for something else possibly. I just bought that TRS25 and haven't used it yet

Back