• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Armscor 36gr HP HV 22lr

yardbird

I just scored 2 bricks of this but have never used any Armscor ammo. My next range trip is July 4th weekend and will report on it. Anybody ever shot this?

It was my favorite ammo to use in my Kimber 22 conversion (1911) before this last big ammo crunch hit, then I couldn't find it anywhere and the Armscor website ( https://us.advancedtactical.com/ ) was under construction. When the website came back, I ordered 4 bricks although it was quite expensive.

I have never had a misfire or misfeed with this ammo. It's not as accurate as I'd like from my 10/22 takedown, but I can keep all rounds on an 8" target at 100 yards. I haven't shot any of this new batch through the conversion yet, but I don't expect any surprises.

Range report, the wife ran about 200 rds thru her S&W M&P 22 with this ammo no failures of any kind. However she commented on how smoky and greasy feeling the ammo was. There was a considerable amount of smoke almost black powder like with each shot, but when cleaning it was no dirtier than any other 22lr ammo. Next range trip I'll run this in the S&W M&P AR-15 22 and 10/22. With 22lr the way it is I'll buy another brick or 2 unless CCI or the Remington Yellow Jacket is available

Back