• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Been meaning to post about my Tavor 18"

tattooo

.30-06
93e53191bde7b720a9e127dabcfae03f.jpg
b4133bf9cbb58594dacad6b3875975df.jpg

Picked one up a while back & never posted ..... figured 18" barrel over 16.5 " gives you somewhere in the area of 100 fps more " from what i read " which makes it more versatile while still being short overall. This is version is for NJ & MA...but that legal brake will be changed asap as it is not needed here for OAL , any brake pinned is fine.... anyone have one and what do you all think ?

I don't have a tavor, but I did rebuild an SKS into a bullpup configuration and I like it really well.

My only gripe with it is the mag changes feel foreign to me and I'm slow at that process. Relatively speaking when compared to other weapons I own.

taclights003_zps563dfeff.jpg

Don't have one yet. But I did get to fire one last month and I got hooked.
Working on a few projects first then maybe one later.

Congrats bro!

I do like the Tavor. One of my range buddies has one that I get to heat up on occasion. It's a damn fine machine. The Israelis know how to make 'em that's for sure...

As soon as I get time next week I just have to put the timney in & meprolight 21 & zero her .....hopefully next week ill get the chance

543e018ef37176a2e5bea0d245a02daf.jpg

Went with this EGW brake ....looks like the a2 flashhider that comes on the tavor... cant have a flashhider in NJ so i guess this works for me ...

bb5be56e5b79238923249b2799a665e1.jpg

Anyone else pick the meprolight 21 ? I figured if its good enough for the IDF then its more than good for me ?

I don't have one, but I have a buddy that had one on an AR. I liked it really well.

It was a lot more ruggedly built than I expected and there were no issues using it.

It's a really good choice for a weapon sight.

Thanks John.... I like the fact of " always on & no batteries " .
and know there's a 10 year warranty which is more than double most, but am curious as to what it will cost to replace the tritium after that time frame...the site says something like it can be replaced for a reasonable cost ..... wonder what is reasonable to them when the sight is $560 msrp ?

Tritium has a half life of about 12 years with its peak luminescence falling off at around the seven year mark. You should begin to see a change in brightness well before the warranty expires at which point you should send it off for warranty repair. Your optic should have a "born on" date somewhere on the housing or in the paperwork. That'll give you an idea on when you should start to pay close attention to the brightness, considering the optic might already be a year or more old...

I recently had a Beretta slide sent in to Trijicon for replacement of the lamps.

But they were at least 20 years old.

From now on though, I would send them in about once a decade LOL

Back