What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best States for Gun Owners by Guns & Ammo

breakingcontact said:
Eh not too surprised. TX has a lot of good things going for it but it isnt a free libertarian style mountain state.

I was taught that I wasn't supposed to judge others, so I'll just say that others could probably take a few lessons from those free libertarian mountain states ;)

We have a lot of land, AND guns.

Among other things. :lol:

I didn't look at anyone else's response, but I'm gonna put Alaska at the top!!! I bet you 75%-90% of the households up here have firearms.... no mass shootings as far as I know!

breakingcontact said:
oli700 said:
breakingcontact said:
Yuck. I don't do the lists that make you click through (to increase ad views).

I think my state TX is #5 .

try on 15th for size there big shooter

Eh not too surprised. TX has a lot of good things going for it but it isnt a free libertarian style mountain state.

My initial thought was #10 but I stuck with my initial #5...even though a bunch of other states jumped up the rankings in my mind.

Oh well, Texas still is the best state. More to life than guns, like we actually have a good economy. But lack public land. Argh!

Thought mine would be higher too, can’t think of much I can’t do with a firearm....do need a permit for CC , no castle doctrine but if you shoot them dead you really don’t need it as dead men don’t talk .....I stood on my capital steps on the both 2A rally days with a chambered 10mm, thats first place in my book lol
My state is 10 below yours and you guys can’t even open carry....so the list is lame anyway

:lol: no doubt. The only place I have been where the state will provide fire camp with shotguns, got to love that
And a lot cooler stuff to shoot….I mean what’s going to eat you in Arizona ? A wild pig? lol

How the hell is PA #20... is that even right?? lol (I bet if we allowed semi-automatic firearms for hunting we would have made Top 10)

Yeah, I saw a similar study and PA was middle of the road in that one too. Philadelphia is dragging us down Rick! :D
Things aren't bad here but I know a lot of the big city policitians are jealous of the NY, NJ and MD laws. Good thing we have Ohio on the western border or we'd be surrounded.

Oh.. yeah... that place. I tend to try and forget about their existence in the state.... I guess that does drag us through the mud a little bit

carbinemike said:
Yeah, I saw a similar study and PA was middle of the road in that one too. Philadelphia is dragging us down Rick! :D
Things aren't bad here but I know a lot of the big city policitians are jealous of the NY, NJ and MD laws. Good thing we have Ohio on the western border or we'd be surrounded.

Thank god for Ohio! I'm actually considering moving there after I graduate. Really, if I want to leave pa that's my only option that's close to home. The farther away I am from filthadelphia the better.

Posting this before I read the article or any response's. Not really up to date on all this stuff either.

Indiana top 5....
#1....Wyoming

Indiana came in 16th with 39% of the state owning guns. Wonder if that has gone up any since this all started? Im thinking part of the the good thing about my section of the state is a few things, I live in a small town a small county surrounded by other small citys, towns and county's. You cant hardly walk a block without running into a hunter or gun enthusiast or both. My surrounding is also one of the poorest in the state yet I have 3 gun shops within a 10 minute drive and our local wal mart is remolding and has a gun case in place already. They stopped selling firearms a few years back due to low sales or at least thats what was told. Another think that I think helps is my section of the state is also known as Kentuckiana, doesnt hurt any with Kentucky ranking 5th in that article. Roughly 10 years ago I was a avid gun nut/hunter. I bet on average I was buying or trading for around 3 new to me firearms a month. During that time I worked at a local factory where if you didnt hunt or shoot you didnt last. I even bought guns at work, either in the parking lot or behind the gate and my supervisors or other salary personnel they would take it up to the guard shack and they would hold it till I got off. No one would think twice about it, should of seen us in the fall during that time. Anywhere from 3 to 6 of us would change in the bathrooms clock out, pile up in one or two trucks and go hunt something. Bet that was a sight that would get some liberals riled up. Got to get my carry permit back need to do that fast while I still can.

Wyoming came in 6th, good guess off the top of the ole noggin.